1. application, the, the, the, technological, of, electricity, contributes, industrial, progress, to.
2. day, use, every, do, appliances, you, electrical?
3. are, longstanding, of what, applications, electricity?
4. induction, who, motor, invented?
Exercise 3. Вставте пропущені слова в потрібній форме:
invention, property, technological advance,consumption, replace, lightning.
1. The industrial application of the electric current contributes to the ---.
2. Many years ago a man discovered that many substances have --- either attract or repel other ones when rubbed together.
3. It is quite possible that some day coal and other fuel may --- by atomic energy.
4. Scientists '--- will help people avoid lightning strikes.
5. Some people do not like to be out during the thunderstorm and ---.
6. --- of electricity has greatly increased recently.
Exercise 4. Знайдіть відповідність между:
- Дієсловом и іменніком
capture a battery
harness a research
- Прикметник и іменніком
Exercise 5. Утворіть іменнікі від наступна дієслів, вікорістовуючі суфіксі -or; -er (or); -ist; - (I) ation; -ment, - ance.
Present, imagine, invent, provide, produce, prevent, maintain, involve, confirm, accumulate.
Матеріал в Цій Книзі:
АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА | Read the text to find out about the industrial application of electricity and what one of the greatest advantages of electricity is. Complete the diagram. | Practice 1. Find in the text names of all devices that make our lives easier and say which of them are electrically operated and which are manual. | Consider the title of the text. Read the text to find out about the new ways of harnessing the electric energy. | Practice 2. Choose the main idea of ??the article from the following. | Find the information in the text about the contribution of the famous British physicist Michael Faraday to the world science. | Read the text. Try to remember the names of different machinery and implements and their functions. Fill in the table after the text. | Tractor Operates Silently, Cleanly | Write a letter to your friend and tell him (her) what interesting facts you have learnt from this text. | VOCABULARY STUDY |