protect from infection
diagnose against diseases
vaccinate for the health of pets
treat and dress health problems
set against rabies
Exercise 7. Прочитайте текст і заповніть пропуски наступними словами fat or sugar, fruit and vegetables, obese, healthy, chips and pizzas. Перекажіть текст.
What is tasty is not always ___. Doctors say that ___ are fattening, Coca-Cola spoils our teeth, and coffee shortens our lives.
If you go on eating too much, you'll become ___, and obesity leads to heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
Some scientists believe that food influences not only our bodies but our spirits as well.
Foods with lots of additives, ___ can make you violent and anti-social. Natural foods like fresh ___ which contain lots of vitamins and minerals can make you more intelligent, optimistic and energetic.
So think twice before you start eating!
Exercise 8. Заповніть пропуски наступними словами obesity, diseases, fatty and sugary snacks, overfeed, veterinarian, heart and kidney disease.
1. Be careful not to ___ growing puppies.
2. ___ is certainly one of the most prevalent ___ affecting the pet population today.
3. ___ do nothing but promote obesity and create an annoying beggar of your pet.
4. If you notice your pet gaining or losing weight, consult with a ___.
5. Many disease conditions in dogs and cats, such as ___ can be effectively controlled through diet modification alone
Read the text and complete the table. | Real Bread | VOCABULARY STUDY | Exercise 3. Заповніть пропуски відповідними за змістом словами з правої колонки і переведіть пропозиції. | TRICKY WORDS | FISH AND CHIPS | Veterinary | Junk food is causing pet obesity epidemic | It is Interesting To Know | Vocabulary Tasks |