Головна

Crouch stood up. He looked down upon the four in front of him, and there was pure hatred in his face.

1. A faint, tinny sort of whistle was coming from somewhere. They looked all around the compartment.
  2. A few moments later, Mr. Weasley came into the warm living room carrying his dinner on a tray. He looked completely exhausted.
  3. A panicked whisper swept the Great Hall. People were staring at Dumbledore in disbelief, in horror. He looked perfectly calm as he watched them mutter themselves into silence.
  4. A tip, fare, driver, backseat, trip, passenger, to pay, metal box, one dollar, front, change.
  5. Activity 5. Ask your classmate questions about the ratifications of the Convention and Protocols thereto by members states of the Council of Europe.
  6. And he spat in her face.
  7. At that, she looked just as bewildered as he felt.

"You have been brought here before the Council of Magical Law," he said clearly, "so that we may pass judgment on you, for a crime so heinous-"

"Father," said the boy with the straw colored hair. "Father... please..."

"that we have rarely heard the like of it within this court," said Crouch, speaking more loudly, drowning out his son's voice.

"We have heard the evidence against you. The four of you stand accused of capturing an Auror-Frank Longbottom-and subjecting him to the Cruciatus Curse, believing him to have knowledge of the present whereabouts of your exiled master, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-"

"Father, I didn't!" shrieked the boy in chains below. "I didn't, I swear it. Father, don't send me back to the Dementors-"

"You are further accused," bellowed Mr. Crouch, "of using the Cruciatus Curse on Frank Longbottom's wife, when he would not give you information. You planned to restore He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named to power, and to resume the lives of violence you presumably led while he was strong. I now ask the jury-"

"Mother!" screamed the boy below, and the wispy little witch beside Crouch began to sob, rocking backward and forward. "Mother, stop him. Mother, I didn't do it, it wasn't me!"

"I now ask the jury," shouted Mr. Crouch, "to raise their hands if they believe, as I do, that these crimes deserve a life sentence in Azkaban!"

In unison, the witches and wizards along the right hand side of the dungeon raised their hands. The crowd around the walls began to clap as it had for Bagman, their faces full of savage triumph. The boy began to scream.

"No! Mother, no! I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't know! Don't send me there, don't let him!"

The Dementors were gliding back into the room. The boys' three companions rose quietly from their seats; the woman with the heavy lidded eyes looked up at Crouch and called, "The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban; we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!"

But the boy was trying to fight off the Dementors, even though Harry could see their cold, draining power starting to affect him. The crowd was jeering, some of them on their feet, as the woman swept out of the dungeon, and the boy continued to struggle.

"I'm your son!" he screamed up at Crouch. "I'm your son!"

"You are no son of mine!" bellowed Mr. Crouch, his eyes bulging suddenly. "I have no son!"

But there was an angry outcry from the surrounding benches. Several of the witches and wizards around the walls stood up, shaking their heads, and even their fists, at Mr. Crouch. | The wispy witch beside him gave a great gasp and slumped in her seat. She had fainted. Crouch appeared not to have noticed.

The tip of a wand emerged from around the back of the chair. It was pointing at Wormtail. | He stood up. The class backed away. They all looked unnerved. | He could hear voices from inside the office. He stepped off the moving staircase and hesitated, listening. | The door of the office opened. | The surface of the silvery stuff inside the basin began to swirl very fast. | He was sitting right next to Albus Dumbledore. | Harry looked down at the man now sitting in the chair and saw that it was Karkaroff. | Karkaroff drew a deep breath. | Harry could see him sweating in the torchlight, his white skin contrasting strongly with the black of his hair and beard. | The door in the corner opened, and Ludo Bagman walked into the room. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати