EXERCISE 5 , .

1. B) Get together with another student. Listen to his / her reading of the exercise. What recommendations would you give to correct any mispronunciations?
  2. B. Pre-reading Exercises
  3. B. Pre-reading Exercises
  4. B. Pre-reading Exercises
  5. E.x. 3.2.24. .
  6. Exercise 1
  7. Exercise 1 Answer the following questions.

Three men came to ... New York for ... holiday. They came to ... very large hotel and took ... room there. Their room was on ... forty-fifth floor. In ... evening ... friends went to ... theatre and came back to ... hotel very late.

"I am very sorry," said ... clerk of ... hotel, "but ... lifts do not work tonight. If you do not want to walk up to your room, we shall make ... beds for you in ... hall. " "No, no," said one of ... friends, "no, thank you. We do not want to sleep in ... hall. We shall walk up to our room."

Then he turned to his friends and said: "It is not easy to walk up to ... forty-fifth floor, but we shall make it easier. On ... way to ... room I shall tell you some jokes; then you, Andy, will sing us some songs; then you, Peter, will tell us some interesting stories. " So they began walking up to their room. Tom told them many jokes; Andy sang some songs.

At last they came to ... thirty sixth floor. They were tired and decided to have ... rest. "Well," said Tom, "now it is your turn, Peter. After all ... jokes, I would like to hear ... sad story. Tell us ... long and interesting story with ... sad end. "" ... story which I am going to tell you, "said Peter," is sad enough. We left ... key to our room in ... hall. "

UNIT 2

Text A My friend Marina

Text You and your friends

Grammar

MY FRIEND MARINA

My best friend's name is Marina. She is a little older than I am. She is 19. She lives in the same house as Ido. We are neighbours.I have known her since I was a child,because her parents and my parents are friends. I did not have any sisters, so Marina was like a sister to me. We shared all secretsand spent a lot of time together.

Let me describe her. She is quitetall. She is blonde. She has light blue eyes. Marina likes fashionable clothesand is fond of make-up.She is fitbecause she likes sports. She plays volleyball and swims in the swimming poolevery week. She has a good very sporty figure.

Marina has a beautiful voice. She likes to sing and play the guitar. She likes to read detective storiesand watch reality showson TV. We often go to the cinema together.

A few words about Marina's personality. Marina has a great character. People like to be around her.She has a strong character; one can say that she is stubborn.She always has her own opinion about current eventsand art. When we have a party, she takes care of everything, she likes to be in charge.Not all men like this. Some think that she is too independent.

I think Marina could be a great psychologist, but she wants to be a lawyer. She also wants to help people with their problems. Psychology, understanding of what others think, is very important in every profession. But it is especially important for a lawyer. Marina has many friends. Her friends are my friends. We invite them and make parties. Marina cooks something nice, everyone brings drinks and we have a great time. She plays the guitar and we all sing together. It is a lot of fun.

I think that a friend is someone who helps when you are in trouble.Marina is always ready to help. She is a very faithfulfriend.

EXERCISE 2 , . | VOCABULARY

| VOCABULARY | A. (In the corridor) | . | Attractive | EXERCISE 8 . | YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS | VOCABULARY | | EXERCISE 1 . |

© um.co.ua -