1. George Bartlett was a fat old man who could speak very well.People adored listening to him.
2. George Bartlett was very good at dancing. Ruby liked him very much.
3. The talk with George Bartlett threw light on the matter.
4. Peter Carmody, Mr Jefferson's grandson, was afraid of policemen.
5. Peter Carmody said he did not know Ruby at all.
6. Mark Gaskell informed the police that his father-in-law enjoyed good health.
7. Conway Jefferson was rather a weak-willed person.
8. Mr. Jefferson was a greedy man eho preferred to save money rather than give it to his children.
9. Mr. Jefferson was not at all surprised by the fact that Ruby's body had been found at Gossington Hall.
10. As soon as the policemen left him Mr. Jefferson went to bed.
V. Find the following phrases in the text of the novel, copy them out, try to remember them.
Худорлявий юнак, величезна трудність, схвильована мова, обличчя безпринципного людини, зморшкувате обличчя, мерзенне слово, зухвалий і цікавий, далекі родичі, безпристрасне обличчя.
VI. Find the following adverbs, write them out, remember them and use in sentences of your own.
М'яко і сердечно, похмуро, задумливо, невірно, сухо, мерзенно / підло / погано, раптово.
VII. Translate into Russian in writing.
(P.52) "In the big bedroom ... but accept it and pass on to victory."
Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4 | I. Revise the Assignment 1 and translate the sentences into English in writing. | III. Correct the false statements. | IV. Find the following adjectives, write them out in your vocabulary books, remember the nouns with which they are used bythe author. | Chapter 6 | Chapters 5, 6 (pp.35-47) | VI. Translate these sentences into Russian. | Chapter 8 |