Choose the right variant
1. Water______at 100 degrees.
a) boils с) will boil
b) is boiling d) will have been boiling
2. The weather - hotter and hotter.
a) gets c) is getting
b) has been getting d) get
3. The first modern Olympics______in Athens more than a
hundred years ago.
a) were taking place c) have taken
b) took d) had taken
4. We______20 new buildings this year.
a) built c) had built
b) were building d) have built
5.1______always______if the service is bad in restaurants.
a) -, complain c) will be complaining
b) am complaining d) will complain
6. I______to the news on television at nine o'clock last
a) was listening c) have been listening
b) listened d) had been listening
7. After they______they cleared the table.
a) ate c) have eaten
b) had eaten d) were eating
8.1______for a whole hour!
a) am waiting c) have been waiting
b) was waiting d) had been waiting
9 I______John's mobile phone because I left mine at
a) use c) used
b) was using d) have been using
10. This juice______good.
a) is tasting c) has been tasting
b) tastes d) is being tasted
11. Long ago they______most houses out of wood.
a) built c) were building
b) have built d) had built
12. We still______life on other planets.
a) didn't discover c) won't discover
b) hadn't discovered d) haven't discovered
13.1______when my friend______.
a) slept, called
b) was sleeping, was calling
c) was sleeping, called
d) slept, was calling
14. Those potatoes______for an hour.
a) have been boiling c) are boiling
b) were boiling d) had been boiling
a) -, borrow c) will borrow
b) has been borrowing d) are borrowing
16. They______for four hours before they______the top
of the mountain.
a) climbed, reached
b) had been climbing, reached
c) was climbing, reached
d) climbed, has been reaching
17.1 think it______a difficult game.
a) is going to be c) have been
b) will be d) had been
18.1______ to you ever again.
a) don't speak c) hasn't spoken
b) am not going to speak d) will have been spoken
19.1______him tomorrow, he is expecting my call.
a) phone c) am going to phone
b) am phoning d) will have phoned
20. The boat______the island on Friday.
a) is leaving c) is going to leave
21. His grandfather______from his job a year ago.
a) has retired c) retires
b) was retiring d) retired
22. The backpacker knew there was a lake because they ______ it earlier in the day.
a) have seen c) had seen
b) saw d) hadn't seen
23.______he______about the opera before?
a) had spoken c) has spoken
b) was speaking d) did speak
24. What time______it______?
a) did happen c) had happened
b) has happened d) was happening
25. Tomorrow at five he______football.
a) '11 play c) plays
b) '11 be playing d) play
26. This time last year he______in London.
a) lived c) '11 live
b) was living d) has lived
27 I______for you for more than one hour.
a) has waited c) was waiting
b) have been waiting d) was waited
28. He______it for an hour before I came.
a) have been doing c) had been doing
b) had been done d) did
29- -_____he already______the doctor by that time?
a) has seen c) was seeing
b) did see d) had seen
30. She______her work already.
a) hasn't finished c) finished
b) has finished d) is finished
|Choose the right variant|||||Choose the right variant|