Future: present continuous and going to

1.  A) Present Indicative, Past Indicative
  2.  Article 55. The Representations and the Subsidiaries
  3.  Continuous Cooking
  4.  Continuous cooking
  5.  EFL Lesson planning; presentation, practice & production
  6.  Extended Modified Continuous Cooking (EMCC) and IsoThermal

Present simple for the future

Present simple вживається для вираження подій в майбутньому, які є частиною розкладу або програми.

Present simple вживається таким чином, коли мова йде про щось в майбутньому як факт, плані або домовленості, які не підлягають зміні.

Present continuous for the future

Present continuous вживається для вираження дії, яка вже сплановано або намічено виконати в майбутньому.

Future: present continuous and going to

Коли мова йде про дії, які вже намічені або сплановані для виконання в майбутньому, можна використовувати present continuous або going to.

I'm having lunch with Lynne tomorrow.

I'm going to have lunch with Lynne tomorrow.

Коли робиться прогноз щодо майбутнього, можна використовувати going to (або will), але не present continuous.

It's going to rain tomorrow. (Не можна сказати: It's raining tomorrow)

3. Speak about the constructions used to and would.

Коли мова йде про звичні діях в минулому, можуть вживатися used to або would.

Use Used to + infinitive вживається для вираження звичних дій в минулому, які зараз завершені.

Used to також вживається для опису стану і ситуацій в минулому, що не існують зараз.

Would вживається для вираження звичайного або звичної поведінки, властивого комусь в минулому.

Коли мова йде про стан в минулому, може вживатися used to, але не would.

My grandfather used to be a policeman. (Not: My grandfather would be ...)

I used to have a moustache, but I shaved it off. (Not: I would have ...)

4. Speak about verbs not used in the continuous and continuous forms with always.

5. Speak about the general meaning of the Present Perfect Simple Tense.

Pr.Perfect
 for complete past actions connected to the present with a stated or unstated time reference
 She has gone to Paris.
 He has typed an essay this morning.
 I've spoken to Joanne Rowling. (Still alive)
 to announce news or give new information

6. Speak about the general meaning of the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.

Pr.Perfect Continuous
 for actions started in the past and continued up to the present
 for past actions of certain duration having visible results or effects in the present
 expressing annoyance, irritations, criticism

Non-continuous verbs are changed into Pr.Perf.

7. Speak about the difference between the Present Perfect Simple and Present Perfect Continuous

8. Speak about the difference between the Past Simple and Present Perfect Tenses.

Pr.Perfect  Past Simple
 for complete past actions connected to the present with a stated or unstated time reference  for complete past actions not connected to the present with a stated or unstated time reference
She has gone to Paris. She has gone to Paris last year.
He has typed an essay this morning. He has typed an essay previous weekends.
I've spoken to Joanne Rowling. (Still alive) I've spoken to Tolkien. (He's dead)
 to announce news or give new information  to give additional details of a new story

9. Speak about the meaning of the Past Perfect and Past Perfect Continuous Tenses.

We use the Past Perfect to indicate that a completed action happened earlier than something else.

We use the Past Perfect Continuous to indicate the process of an action which was happening in the past, earlier than something else.

The Past Perfect emphasizes the result of a completed action while the Past Perfect Continuous emphasizes the duration or activity of an action.

- By the time we arrived, he had left the house.

- By the time we arrived, he had been playing poker with his friends for 2 hours.

10. Speak about the general means of expressing a future meaning.

Will вживається для вираження майбутньої дії.

Will також вживається з прислівниками ймовірності, наприклад, probably, perhaps, certainly.

Will також вживається в тому випадку, коли збираються щось зробити в момент мовлення.

Present Continuous вживається для вираження дії, яке заплановане і виразно відбудеться в майбутньому (як правило, з дієсловами руху).
 E.g .:
 I am leaving tonight.
 He is coming to dinner on Thursday.

Конструкція to be going to + інфінітив дуже споживані в англійській мові і позначає намір говорить вчинити дію в найближчому майбутньому.
 E.g .:
 I am going to tell him what I think of him.
 She is going to explain that to us.

Present Simple вживається для вираження дії в найближчому майбутньому.
 E.g .:
 The train leaves at exactly five o'clock. (Відповідно до розкладу)

11. Speak about the rules of the sequence of tenses.

12. Speak about the difference between going to and will used to indicate the future.

Will вживається для вираження дії, яка, як вважається чи передбачається, відбудеться в майбутньому.  Going to вживається для вираження дії в майбутньому, передумови якого є в сьогоденні.
 Will і going to вживаються для вираженіядействій, які ми намереваемсявиполніть, але тут існують відмінності:
 Will вживається в тому випадку, коли приймається рішення щось зробити в момент мовлення.  Going to вживається в тому випадку, коли вже прийнято рішення щось зробити.

13. Speak about using the future in the clauses of time and condition.

Питання 21. |  Завдання 3. Облік фактора масштабу

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати