The verb 'to be': Present, Past, Future
Test 1. Fill in am/is/are (present), was/were (past) or will be/won't be (future) in the gaps.
1. She travels a lot. Yesterday she _______ in Paris. Today she _______ in London. Tomorrow _______ she in New York.
2. _______ you at home yesterday?
3. _______ you at home tomorrow?
4. I _______ in Great Britain last week.
5. 'Are you ready yet?' 'Not yet. I _______ ready in five minutes.'
6. The weather _______ nice today.
7. My sister is going away for a few days, so she _______ at home tomorrow.
8. I _______ a pupil. I go to school.
9. _______ you in the country last summer?
10. It's Tom's birthday next Sunday. He _______ 11.
11. I _______ cold. Can you close the window, please?
12. You may visit Jane tomorrow. She _______ busy.
13. Where _______ Ann yesterday?
14. My brother and I _______ good tennis players. We like to play tennis very much.
15. ' _______ the soup _______ ready soon?' 'Yes, it _______ ready in a few minutes.'
Test 2. Write the plural of the following nouns. | COUNTABLE AND UNCOUNTABLE NOUNS | Test 5. Fill in my, your, his, her, our. | Test 9. Put an adjective from the box into each gap. | Test 16. Complete the text. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Perfect or Past Simple tense. | Test 18. Put the verbs in brackets into the Past Continuous or the Past Simple Tense. | Test 22. Choose the correct form of the verb. | Test 23. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form (present or future). | Test 26. Mixed tenses. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. | Test 29. Put the verbs in brackets into either the Past Simple, Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Continuous. |