1. I have a cat that is called Tari.
2. The dinner was more expensive than they had expected.
3. He was accused of murder and arrested.
4. She was shocked by the bad news and burst into tears.
5. The event is organised by our team and will surely be a great success.
6. The film is based on real events and tells the story of a reporter.
7. She was born in Hollywood and knows all the famous movie stars.
8. The car was taken to the garage. It was repaired within an hour.
9. She was admired by everyone and began to grow arrogant.
10. He was dumped by his girlfriend and felt really lousy.
Exercise 4. Combine the clauses using participle constructions (Present, Perfect Participle or Participle II).
1. We were sitting in the bus shelter and waited for the rain to stop. 2. The documentation which was telecast last Tuesday was impressive. 3. We had great fun at the party. We played silly games. 4. He had saved a little money. He travelled to Australia. 5. They were chatting along and didn't see the car coming.
6. The reception had been prepared carefully and was a great success. 7. He was picked up by his mother and didn't have to wait for the bus. 8. She had finished her degree and started to work for an international company. 9. She was listening to the radio and didn't hear the doorbell. 10. The room had not been tidied up yet and looked like a battlefield.
The Atomic Structure of Matter | Exercise 19. Grammar test. | PARTICIPLE I | Exercise 1. Translate the following sentences into Ukrainian. | Exercise 8. Fill in the gaps with the words given above. | Exercise 11. Match the verbs with their definitions. | Exercise 15. Translate the following sentences into English. | Cutting Through a Myth about Modern Lasers | Participle II | Remember the translation of the following words and word combinations with the Participle I and the Participle II. |