Головна

Write out of the text the words and the phrases describing general uses of radio engineering.

1. A Radio Communication System
  2. ART. 17. JURISDICTION OF COURTS-MARTIAL IN GENERAL
  3. ART. 26. MILITARY JUDGE OF A GENERAL OR SPECIAL COURT-MARTIAL
  4. Basic task and applications of Radio Engineering
  5. BBC radio
  6. Before you start learning the theoretical material make sure that you know the given below words. Transcribe and translate them.
  7. Complete the text with words from the box.

6. Speak about basic task and applications of radio engineering.

7. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form according to the meaning (using Indefinite, Continuous, Perfect Tenses):

a) The electric current (to play)___an important role in our everyday life.

b) The professor (to mention)___the name of Volta at the last lecture.

c) The students (to use)___these radio devices in the next laboratory work.

d) Electronics (to become)___increasingly important in all branches of production nowadays.

e) During the work on his discovery the scientist observed that a small electrical current was flowing. He rightly concluded that some electrons (to move)___through the vacuum.

f) Very soon the day (to come)___when spaceships will be flying to the planets in the solar system and their satellites.

g) Before 1932, two fundamental particles (to become)___well established as a result of numerous experiments. These were the electron and proton.

h) The laboratory assistant just (to finish)___this work.

i) The technician (to record)___the data before you came.

j) The apparatus (to work)___when you arrive.

k) This radio station (to transmit)___ its programs since ninetieth.

l) When the professor arrived, the engineers (to carry out)___ an experiment for two hours.

m) By next week they (to use)___this new equipment for two months.

n) The circle (to become)___an ellipse after you (to compress)

___it.

o) We (to use)___this substance in the experiment if it (to have)

___the necessary properties.

p) Commutators (to require)___more attention than any other part of the machine.

q) I (to work)___at a large machine-building plant next year.

r) The mechanical engineer is busy, he (to replace)___the broken part of the engine.

s) Yesterday at five o'clock I (to work)___at my report.

t) The strength of metal (to decrease)___as the temperature increased.

u) The devices (to work)___when you come.

v) After I (to finish)___ the inspection of the new engine I spoke to the engineer.

w) He (to repair)___the engine before you come.

x) Don't you think that it is the most dangerous experiment we ever (to make)___.

y) We (to use)___the production of heat by an electric current more and more.

8. Choose the appropriate form of the verb:

a) Radio engineering (penetrates, will penetrate, has penetrated) into the national economy, science, industry.

b) One of the most important applications of radio engineering (involve, involves, involved) long-distance communication.

c) Radio engineering equipment (provide, will provide, provides) for stable round-the-clock communication with marine vessels, aircraft and spaceships.

d) Radio engineering systems (enables, will enable, enable) us to effect interplanetary communication.

e) New sciences (have been born, has been born, will be born) such as radio physics, radio astronomy, etc.

f) Radio techniques and methods (is widely used, was widely used, are widely used) in experimental physics.

g) The extensive use of radio methods (gives, have given, has given) rise both to radio engineering and electronics.

h) Radio electronic equipment (uses, will use, is widely used) in medicine.

i) Cybernetic systems (were playing, play, will play) a decisive part in automation.

j) Television (will cover, has covered, covers) steadily expanding regions in many parts of the globe.

Lesson Two

Basic task and applications of Radio Engineering | Radio Waves

Put questions to each other. | A Radio Communication System | Put the predicate of the main sentence in the Past Indefinite | Receivers | Put questions to each other. | Modern Electronics | Write out of paragraphs 4, 5 the words and word combinations describing the application of electronics in space research. Use them for rendering to you group-mates. | Electronic Components. Vacuum Tubes and Transistors | Put questions to each other. | The Integrated Chip |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати