1. The P-N-P transistor is ... .
2. The geometry of junction transistors differs depending on ... .
3. ... the transistor may be considered as two diodes.
4. The emitter-base constitutes ... .
5. ... are the majority current carriers in the emitter-base diode.
6. The emitter-collector circuit is ... .
7. Collector current may be controlled readily by ... .
8. ... may also be made with an N-P-N configuration.
9. Base current will increase or decrease very little when ... .
10. Changes in emitter-base bias will result in ... .
Match the terms in Table A with their definitions in Table B.
|Table A||Table B|
|1. beam 2. satellite 3. transistor 4. base 5. sensitivity||a. The ability to react to very small changes in light, heat, movement etc. b. The lowest part or surface of something [= bottom] c. A line of light, energy etc that you cannot see. d. A machine that has been sent into space and goes around the Earth, moon etc, used for radio, television, and other electronic communication. d. A small piece of electronic equipment in radios, televisions etc that controls the flow of electricity.|
23. Summarize the text "Junction Transistors" in 150 words.
24. Divide into 2 groups. Group 1 translates Extract A and group 2 - extract B of the text with a dictionary in writing.
Language Work | Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. | Use your own ideas to complete the sentences. | Match the following sentences with their translations. | Semiconductors of N-Type and P-Type | Read the text again and select from the multiple choice the only solution to each problem. | Act as an interpreter. Translate the description of N-type and P-type- semiconductors given by your group mates from English into Russian. | UNIT II | Translate the following international words without a dictionary. | The P-N Junction |