|1) plead not guilty||the people|
|4) conscript||to charges|
|5) hack off||to the orders|
4 b). Fill in the gaps with the help of expressions above:
1)Yesterday in Royal Court two men _______________ _____________to _______they created panic.
2) The Coles are _____ to a lot of history surrounding the outhouse and are determined to bring the place back to its golden era.
3) We never __________ or intimidate the people," Lieutenant-Colonel told me.
4) We shall not need to __________our __________ any more, if our army becomes an army of professionals.
5) At 1:30 p.m., a bus stopped in front of the entrance gate and ? ____________of approximately 40 heavily armed gunmen got out, firing at the people in the encampment.
1. Listen to the WebcastFormer Liberian Leader Faces The War Crimes Tribunaland do the exercises below.
Match positions with the names
|1) The chief prosecutor||a) Jabati Mambu|
|2) reports on the historic trial||b) Stephen Rapp|
|3) one of those victims||c) Stephanie Kennedy|
3. Group these names into these two columns:
Freetown, the UN-backed Special Court for Sierra Leone, The Hague, Sierra Leone, Liberia
|The International Community||Hot Spot Properties|
C- Comprehension Test 1