1) Operational safety of oil producing or refining companies in oil and gas industry includes environmental, industrial and occupational safety.
2) Environment protection is targeted to prevent contamination of air, lands, forests, waters, damage to plants, animals and people.
3) Occupational safety includes personal safety of employees, application of personal protective equipment, implementation of mandatory medical examinations, investigation of injuries and occupational diseases.
4) By level of severity incidents are classified as near-misses, highly potential incidents, major incidents, and emergency situations.
5) Highly potential incident is an incident, which under slightly different circumstances could have resulted in a major incident.
6) Emergency is a natural or man-caused situation, which spreads beyond limits of a major incident, and resulted in a major fire, explosion, fatalities of people, including natural disasters.
7) Injuries by the number of involved in them people are classified as multiple injuries and individual injuries.
8) All incidents, accidents and injuries are subject to investigation.
9) Corrective actions are required in order to prevent the incident recurrence and learn lessons.
10) Risk assessment must include identification of risks and hazards, and also taking of actions to remove or mitigate them as much as possible.