* * Present Perfect Continuous Ïîºäíàííÿ ÷îãî?
result + process
|Name||Present Perfect Continuous|
|* Rule||1. We use PPC when we talk about the action which began in the past and has just stopped #We have been cleaning up the room for 15 minutes.2. We use PPC w w t a t a which began in the past and is still happening now. # I have been painting my nails since yesterday.|
|Structure||Have / has been Ving|
|Special Features||We do not use some verbs in PPC (çãàäàòè âèêëþ÷åííÿ Pr. Cont)|
|Markers||FOR a few days, SINCE she left, HOW LONG|
|MJ||+ I have been studying English for 2 years- I have not been studying English for 2 years? Have I been studying English for 2 years? S? How long have I been studying English|
Grammar Homework for the
1) Irregular Verbs
2) Past Story - learn the rules
3) Put in the most suitable tense (past simple or present perfect).
§ How many times (you see) an elephant?
§ I (not finish) the project yet.
§ Who (tell) you to do it this way?
§ My family (live) in Dublin, but then they (move) in London.
§ Benjamin Franklin (be) one of the most extraordinary human beings the world (ever knew).
§ Amazing news! Apple (introduce) I-phone 6 to the world!
1. ß ÷åêàþ òåáå âæå ãîäèíó! Äå òè áóâ?
2. Ùî çà áàðäàê? (Mess) - ß âæå ïðèáèðàòè ö³ëó ãîäèíó.
3. ßê äîâãî âè æèâåòå òóò? - 2 ðîêè.
4. ß äóìàþ ïðî òåáå, ç òèõ ï³ð, ÿê çóñòð³â òåáå â ìåòðî.
5. ß ïîäèâèâñÿ òîé ô³ëüì ³ ÿ äóìàþ, ùî òè ïîâèíåí ïîáà÷èòè éîãî!
1. A: Did you like the movie "Star Wars?"
B: I do not know. I (see, never) have never seen that movie.
2. Sam (arrive) arrived in San Diego a week ago.
3. My best friend and I (know) have known each other for over fifteen years. We still get together once a week.
4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write) has written ten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway.
5. I (have, not) have not had this much fun since I (be) was a kid.
6. I (tell) told him to stay on the path while he was hiking, but he (wander) wandered off into the forest and (be) was bitten by a snake.
7. Listen Donna, I do not care if you (miss) missed the bus this morning. You (be) have been late to work too many times. You are fired!
8. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never) has never seen the ocean. He should come with us to Miami.
9. How sad! George (dream) dreamed of going to California before he died, but he did not make it. He (see, never) never saw the ocean.
10. In the last hundred years, traveling (become) has become much easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take) took two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be) was very rough and often dangerous. Things (change) have changed a great deal in the last hundred and fifty years. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours.
11. Jonny, I can not believe how much you (change) have changed since the last time I (see) saw you. You (grow) have grown at least a foot!
12. This tree (be) was planted by the settlers who (found) founded our city over four hundred years ago.
13. Nobody (climb, ever) has ever climbed this mountain. Several mountaineers (try) have tried to reach the top, but nobody (succeed, ever) has ever succeeded. The climb is extremely difficult and many people (die) have died trying to reach the summit.
14. I (visit, never) have never visited Africa, but I (travel) have traveled to South America several times. The last time I (go) went to South America, I (visit) visited Brazil and Peru. I (spend) spent two weeks in the Amazon, (hike) hiked for a week near Machu Picchu, and (fly) flew over the Nazca Lines.