Summary 09-11

1. ART. 20. JURISDICTION OF SUMMARY COURTS-MARTIAL
  2. B) Single out the main facts from the text end present them in short summary.
  3. B) Sum up the text in 5-7 sentences and present your summary in class.
  4. Ex. 4. Get ready to give a summary of the text in class.
  5. I. Make a summary of the text.
  6. Read the text and give a short summary of each paragraph.
  7. Read the text and give a short summary of each paragraph.

* * Present Perfect Continuous ?

result + process

Name Present Perfect Continuous
* Rule 1. We use PPC when we talk about the action which began in the past and has just stopped #We have been cleaning up the room for 15 minutes.2. We use PPC w w t a t a which began in the past and is still happening now. # I have been painting my nails since yesterday.
Structure Have / has been Ving
Special Features We do not use some verbs in PPC ( Pr. Cont)
Markers FOR a few days, SINCE she left, HOW LONG
MJ + I have been studying English for 2 years- I have not been studying English for 2 years? Have I been studying English for 2 years? S? How long have I been studying English

Grammar Homework for the

1) Irregular Verbs

2) Past Story - learn the rules

3) Put in the most suitable tense (past simple or present perfect).

How many times (you see) an elephant?

I (not finish) the project yet.

Who (tell) you to do it this way?

My family (live) in Dublin, but then they (move) in London.

Benjamin Franklin (be) one of the most extraordinary human beings the world (ever knew).

Amazing news! Apple (introduce) I-phone 6 to the world!

4) Translate:

1. ! ?

2. ? (Mess) - .

3. ? - 2 .

4. , , .

5. , !

KEYS:

1. A: Did you like the movie "Star Wars?"

B: I do not know. I (see, never) have never seenthat movie.

2. Sam (arrive) arrivedin San Diego a week ago.

3. My best friend and I (know) have knowneach other for over fifteen years. We still get together once a week.

4. Stinson is a fantastic writer. He (write) has writtenten very creative short stories in the last year. One day, he'll be as famous as Hemingway.

5. I (have, not) have not hadthis much fun since I (be) wasa kid.

6. I (tell) toldhim to stay on the path while he was hiking, but he (wander) wanderedoff into the forest and (be) wasbitten by a snake.

7. Listen Donna, I do not care if you (miss) missedthe bus this morning. You (be) have beenlate to work too many times. You are fired!

8. Sam is from Colorado, which is hundreds of miles from the coast, so he (see, never) has never seenthe ocean. He should come with us to Miami.

9. How sad! George (dream) dreamedof going to California before he died, but he did not make it. He (see, never) never sawthe ocean.

10. In the last hundred years, traveling (become) has becomemuch easier and very comfortable. In the 19th century, it (take) tooktwo or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip (be) wasvery rough and often dangerous. Things (change) have changeda great deal in the last hundred and fifty years. Now you can fly from New York to Los Angeles in a matter of hours.

11. Jonny, I can not believe how much you (change) have changedsince the last time I (see) sawyou. You (grow) have grownat least a foot!

12. This tree (be) wasplanted by the settlers who (found) foundedour city over four hundred years ago.

13. Nobody (climb, ever) has ever climbedthis mountain. Several mountaineers (try) have triedto reach the top, but nobody (succeed, ever) has ever succeeded. The climb is extremely difficult and many people (die) have diedtrying to reach the summit.

14. I (visit, never) have never visitedAfrica, but I (travel) have traveledto South America several times. The last time I (go) wentto South America, I (visit) visitedBrazil and Peru. I (spend) spenttwo weeks in the Amazon, (hike) hikedfor a week near Machu Picchu, and (fly) flewover the Nazca Lines.

Summary 09-11

© um.co.ua -