- Tyre pressure
Adjust pressure if it does not fit specifications
- Tyre pressure should only be checked and adjusted when the tyre temperature equals the ambient air temperature. Tyre pressure and sus- pension must be adjusted to cope with the bur- den carried by the scooter (baggage, driver, pas- senger and accessories such as fairing, saddle- bags, if permitted on this model) and must be altered if the scooter is to be driven at high spe- eds.
NEVER OVERLOAD THE SCOOTER
- Overloading can damage the tyres and lead to accidents or injury.
* Load is the total weight of luggage, driver, passen- ger and accessories
- Tyre treads
Replace if there are any signs of wear or damage
|Minimum tyre tread depth: 1.6mm|
Ø Tread depth
Ø Side wall
- It is dangerous to drive with one or more worn-out tyres. When the tyre tread begins to show signs of wear, replace the tyre immediately.
- Do not use tubeless tyres on a wheel designed for tube tyres only. Tyre failure and personal injury may result from a sudden deflation
Tube type wheel-(Tube type tyre only Tubeless type wheel-(Tube type or tubeless tyre
- Be sure to install the correct tyre when using tub type tyres
- After extensive tests, the tyres listed below have been approved by the Yamaha Motor Company Limited for this model. No guarantee concerning handling characteristics can be given if a tyre com- bination other than one approved by Yamaha/MBK is used on this scooter. The front and rear tyres should be always be made by the same manufactu- rer and be of the same design.
TYRE INSPECTION/ CHECKING THE WHEEL