Головна

Модальний дієслово shall

1. B. Translate the articles of The Charter of the United Nations below. State the way in which the meaning of the modal verb shall is to be expressed in Ukrainian.
  2. But thy good Nan and thy Bet shall have raiment and lackeys enow, and that
  3. Chapter 13 - A Sight Which I Shall Never Forget
  4. Him from his purpose, I shall be forced to pretend to post away to-morrow on
  5. His meal being ended, a lord came and held before him a broad, shallow,
  6. II. Доповніть пропозиції дієсловами у формі Present Continuous.
  7. II. Вкажіть номери пропозицій, в яких дієслово-присудок стоїть в групі тривалих часів

Модальне дієслово shall вживається в тих випадках, коли вимагається дозвіл на вчинення будь-які дії, і є іноді замінником модального дієслова must. Shall I help you? Вам допомогти? Shall we translate the text? Нам перекладати текст?

Переведіть пропозиції. Проаналізуйте вживання модальних дієслів в наступних реченнях:

1. Who is to answer my question?

2. Nobody could translate this text.

3. He has to do this task at once.

4. Must I attend this meeting? - No, you need not.

5. You should have shown your notes to the teacher.

6. I asked him, but he would not listen to me.

7. They should have visited her, she was in the hospital.

8. Last summer we would often go to the country,

9. He could do this work himself.

10. Would you tell me the way to the station?

11. Your friend might have informed us.

12. May I leave for a while? - Yes, you may.

13. She should be more attentive to her parents.

14. You need not come so early.

Переведіть пропозиції на російську мову:

1. We have to stay at home. 2. He was allowed to take this book. 3. Who is able to do this work? 4. He had to leave for Moscow earlier. 5. We are to take exams in June.

6. Are they allowed to visit you? 7. They were able to do this work in time. 8. I'll be able to pass my examinations. 9. She'll be allowed to watch TV. 10. I have to come in time. 11. The train is to come soon. 12. Will you be able to drive a car?

Замініть модальнідієслова відповідними еквівалентами:

1. Не could not explain anything. 2. You must not stay here. 3. Can you swim? 4. You may take these books. 5. They can run quickly. 6. She might work in our room. 7. Who can read this text? 8. They must go there tomorrow. 9. May I go to the cinema? 10. We must meet at 7 o'clock.

Вставте необхідні модальнідієслова: (must, should, would, ought to, have to, need not, can, could, may)

1. I ... not go to the theatre with them last night, I ... revise the grammar rules and the words for the test. 2. My friend lives a long way from his office and ... get up early. 3. All of us ... be in time for classes. 4. When my friend has his English, he ... stay at the office after work. He (not) ... stay at the office on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and ... get home early. 5. ... you ... work hard to do well in your English? 6. «... we discuss this question now?» «No, we ... We ... do it tomorrow afternoon. »7. I'm glad you ... come. 8. «... you ... come and have dinner with us tomorrow?» «I'd love to.» 9. «Please send them this article.» «Oh, ... I do it now?»

Заповніть пропуски відповідними модальними дієсловами: (must, should, would, ought to, have to, need not, can, could, may)

1. They ... not do this work themselves

2. You ... take my dictionary.

3. You do not look well, you ... consult the doctor.

4. Why ... I give you my money?

5. She ... not speak any foreign language.

6. He ... to help them, they need his help.

7. ... you tell me the time?

8. ... I go with you? No, you ...

9. Your daughter ... have told about it.

10. In winter we ... often skate.

11. You ... по "miss your classes.

12. ... you play the piano before?

Переведіть пропозиції:

1. This building should have been constructed a year ago.

2. The letter should have been sent long ago.

3. The preventive measures should have been taken long before.

4. We should not have used that sort of paper for this model of printer.

5. This phenomenon should be explained by economic laws.

Переведіть пропозиції:

1. Лист потрібно було відправити вчора. Але цього зроблено не було.

2. Вам слід згадати про це в вашій відповіді.

3. Цей документ було спрямувати на підпис вчора.

4. Вам потрібно було зв'язатися з фірмою негайно.

5. Їм не слід було відправляти документ на ім'я керівника фірмою.

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати