Головна

THE FUTURE IN THE PAST TENSES (Майбутні часи в минулому)

1. A) За часів античної філософії.
  2. All Tenses
  3. B) Advance payment in the hope of a future profit.
  4. Breaking chains to build a future
  5. Children Are the Future
  6. Choose the right tenses (present perfect, past or past perfect; simple or continuous).
  7. Choose the right tenses (present perfect, past or past perfect; simple or continuous).

У кожній з описаних вище груп часів майбутнє час може перекладатися в план минулого.

Так, з метою дотримання правила узгодження часів в непрямій мові замість Future Indefinite ставиться Future-in-the-Past Indefinite:

Cпряженіe Future Indefinite in the Past

число  обличчя  стверджувальна форма  питальна форма  негативна форма
 єдиний.  I should (I'd) ask  Should I ask?  I should not (should not) ask
 You would (you'd) ask  Would you ask?  You would not (would not) ask
 HeShe would ('d) It ask  heWould she ask? it  He would notShe (would not) It ask
 множ.  We should (We'd) ask  Should we ask?  We should not (should not) ask
 You would (you'd) ask  Would you ask?  You would not (would not) ask
 They would (they'd) ask  Would they ask?  They would not (would not) ask

? Чи не said he would come to London in March. - Він сказав, що приїде в Лондон в березні.

? The Future Continuous Tense перетвориться в the Future in the Past Continuous Tense:

? He said he would be reading at that time. - Він сказав, що в цей час буде читати.

? The Future Perfect Tense змінюється і набуває форму the Future in the Past Perfect Tense:

? He said he would have finished the report by 7 o'clock. - Він сказав, що закінчить доповідь до 7 години.

? The Future in the Past Perfect Continuous Tense вживається замість The Future Perfect Continuous Tense:

? He said that by next April we should have been living in the town for 5 years. - Він сказав, що до квітня наступного року ми будемо жити в місті вже 5 років.

Формоутворення в даній групі часів пов'язано зі зміною допоміжних дієслів shall / will на форми минулого часу should / would.

Зведена таблиця часів активного застави

TimeAspect  Indefinite  Continuous  Perfect  Perfect Continuous
 Present  writeпішуwritesпішет  am writing пішуis / are writing пише / пишуть  have written напісаліhas written написав  have been writing писали і ще пішутhas been writing писав і пише
 Past  wrote писав (і)  was / were writing писав / писали  had written написав (і)  had been writing писав (і)
 Future  shall write напішуwill write напише  shall be writing буду пісатьwill be writing буде писати  shall have written допішуwill have written допише  shall have been writing буду пісатьwill have been writing буде писати
 Future in thePast  should write напішуwould write напише  should be writing буду пісатьwould be writing буде писати  should have written допішуwould have written допише  should have been writing буду пісатьwould have been writing буде писати
   Indefinite  Continuous  Perfect  Perfect Continues
 Present
 Past
 Future

завдання

1. Поставте дієслова в потрібному часу (Present, Past, Future Perfect Continuous):

- He (to study) English for only two years before he was able to translate films.

- The writer (to work) on the novel before he sent it to the publisher.

- Mike (to learn) to sing for two years before he took part in the competition.

- Peter work (to work) at the Art Theatre since his graduation.

- The producer and the director (to discuss) a play for some weeks before the actors arrive.

- I (to look) for my glasses the whole morning before I finally found them.

2 Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

1. The first person whom Andrew (to see) as he (to enter) was his old nurse. She (to sit) on the sofa. During the last five years she greatly (to change) and now (to look) a very old woman. 2. She is going to read the letter she just (to receive). 5. How long you (to wait) for me? I am really very sorry. 4. Yesterday I (to meet) a friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a long time. 5. Ring me up at eleven o'clock, I (not yet to sleep). 6. You (to be) late for the concert if you (not to take) a taxi. 7. The sun (to set) a long time ago, and it (to begin) to get really cold. 8. When I (to come) home yesterday, my sister already (to return) and (to sit) at the fireplace looking through some old photographs. 9. He (to smoke) three cigarettes and (to look) through all the books on the shelf, when at last he (to hear) his friend's steps approaching the door. 10. He just (to approach) the door, when she (to enter). 11. He (to write) the composition for three hours and he (to say) he soon (to finish) it as he (to think) over the conclusion now. 12. Hardly1 I (to go) out when I (to remember) that I (to forget) to take my umbrella. 13. Where is the baby? - The nurse (to put) it to bed. 14. He said he (to work) for a long time without achieving good results.

3. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

1. When I (to come) to Pete's house last Sunday, he (to read) a new book. He (to say) he (to give) it to me soon. Today I (to take) it from him. Now I (to read) it. I (to finish) it by Friday. If you like, I (to give) it to you on Saturday when you (to come) to see me. 2. When will he come? We (to wait) for him for already half an hour. 3. On leaving the hall the students (to thank) the professor who (to deliver) the lecture. 4. We already (to cover) about ten miles when Peter, who (to look) out of the window for the last five or ten minutes, suddenly exclaimed: "Here is the station!" 5. When morning came, the storm already (to stop), but the snow still (to fall). 6. Yesterday by eight o'clock he (to finish) all his homework, and when I (to come) to his place at nine, he (to read). 7. I (to wait) for permission to go abroad for already three weeks, but I (not to receive) the visa yet. 8. Everybody (to be) at the door of the museum, but my friend (not yet to come). 9. We (to drink) tea when the telephone (to ring). 19. Johnny noticed that everybody (to look) at him, and he (to feel) shy. Ц. Light (to travel) more quickly than sound.

4. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

Peter (to read) by the fireplace when the door (to open) and the maid (to enter). The cook (to follow) her. 2. When the mother (to satisfy) herself that the children (to sleep) peacefully in their beds, she (to take) out the Christmas presents and carefully (to put) them into the stockings which (to hang) at the beds. 3. If you (to ring) me up tomorrow, I (to tell) you all about it. 4. The lesson (not yet to begin), and the children (to talk) loudly in the corridor. 5. I (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1991. 6. By the fifteenth of January the students (to pass) all the examinations. 7. The students (to write) the paper by dinner-time. 8. They (to sail) down the river for many hours before they (to come) to the village. 9. I (not to be) to my home town for five years. 10. The rain (to stop) by the time we (to reach) home. 11. The message (to arrive) five minutes after he (to leave) the house. 12. It (to be) nearly eleven o'clock when we (to begin) doing this work. 13. At last the reply from my grandmother (to come), and my mother (to tell) me that she (to come) soon. 14. Here you (to be) at last! I (to wait) for you for twenty minutes. You (not to be) ashamed?

5. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

1. The day (to be) cold and it (to rain). When I (to reach) home, my raincoat (to be) all wet. I (to take) it off, (to shake) the water off it, (to hang) it up and (to go) into the living-room. My children (to play) on the carpet. When they (to see) me, they (to jump) up and (to run) up to me. 2. I (to hear) this song several times already, but I can not remember the words. I (to write) them down as soon as I (to hear) this song again. 3. Hardly1 he (to open) the suit-case, when he (to find) the tie which he (to think) he (to lose) long before. 4. Shut the door! The room (to be) full of smells which (to come) from the kitchen. Mother (not to like) kitchen smells in the room. 5. Last night he (to finish) the book which he (to begin) writing a year ago. 6. He said he (to listen) to the same stories for a long time. 7. By the evening he (to translate) ten pages. 8. You ever (to be) to the new stadium? - Yes, I (to be) there last Saturday. 9. The old lady was happy: she (not to see) her son for three years. 10. What you (to do) yesterday? 11. How many pages you (to translate) for today?

6. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

1. What you (to do) here? - I (to prepare) for my report. - How long you (to prepare) for it? - Oh, I (to work) since morning. 2. He (to teach) at school for five years when the war (to break) out. 3. She (to study) English since last year. 4. What you (to read)? - I (to read) a magazine. - How long you (to read) it? - I (to read) it for half an hour. 5. She (to live) in Moscow for ten years when her sister (to come) to live with her. 6. Our teacher (to come). Now he (to speak) with our monitor. 7. They (to speak) when I (to look) at them. 8. I (to walk) about an hour when I (to see) a little house not far from the river. 9. When he (to read) the newspaper, he (to give) it to his brother. 10. Ho (to leave) for Rostov in 1990 and since then he (to live) there. 11. At this time tomorrow we (to discuss) your report. 12. Now she (to read) the book which I (to give) her yesterday. 13. You ever (to be) to London? - Yes, I (to be) there last summer. 14. What your friend (to do) now? - She (to have) dinner. She usually (to have) dinner at this time. 15. I (to buy) a new dress. I (to show) it to you tomorrow when you (to come) to my place. 16. So you begin working tomorrow! And who (to take) care of your children when you (to go) to work? 17. Hello, Peter! Where you (to go)? - I (to go) to the library.

7. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслова в вимагається часу.

1. On entering the drawing-room he (to find) that his two friends (to get) up and (to wait) for him. 2. The sportsmen (to train) since early morning; now they (to go) over the high jump, as they (not to be) satisfied with their results. 3. Five minutes (not to pass) when the train for which we (to wait) (to appear) in the distance. 4. Tomorrow father (to come) late. We (to do) all our homework and (to drink) tea when he (to come). 5. When Mrs. Smith (to come) home yesterday, she (to see) that her daughter (to cook) supper and (to wait) for her with the table laid. 6. Where is Nick? - He (not to be) at home, he (to go) to the cinema. Wait for him, he (to come) in half an hour. 7. It was very late. I (to go) to bed and (to fall) asleep when my father (to return) home. 8. I'll join you when I (to drink) my tea. 9. When I (to come), he (to live) in the same old house where I first (to meet) him. He (to tell) me he (to wait) for me for already some time. 10. The pupils (to do) a lot of exercises before they (to learn) to write dictations well. 11. I could not hear a sound: they (to stop) talking.

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати