Coolant (see Coolant Draining in the Cooling System chapter)
Engine Oil (see Engine Oil Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
Side Covers (see Side Covers Removal in the Frame
Seat (see Seat Removal in the Frame chapter)
Fuel Tank (see Fuel Tank Removal in the Fuel System
Lower Fairings and Brackets
- Pull out the water Hoses [A] over the cylinder head cover.
- Disconnect the clutch cable lower end [B] from the clutch release lover [C] and remove the clutch cable holder [D].
Radiator [E] (see Radiator Removal in the Cooling System chapter)
Vacuum Switch Valve and Hoses (see Vacuum Switch Valve Removal in the Engine Top End chapter) Spark Plug Leads [F]
Muffler (see Muffler Removal in the Engine Top End chapter)
Carburetor (see Carburetor Removal in the Fuel System chapter)
Air Cleaner Housing (see Air Cleaner Housing Removal in the Fuel System chapter)
Engine Sprocket (see Engine Sprocket Removal in the Final Drive chapter) Shift Link Lever Rear Brake Light Switch [G] Brake Pedal [H] Right Front Step [I]
ENGINE REMOVAL / INSTALLATION 8-5
Engine Removal / Installation
- Pull off the connectors from the engine and free the wiring from the straps.
Crankshaft Sensor Lead Connector [A] Alternator Lead Connector [B]
Battery Negative Lead [A] Starter Motor Lead [B]
Oil Pressure Switch Lead [A] Neutral Switch Lead [B]
- Support the engine with a stand or jack [A].
- Remove the engine mounting bolts [B].
- Remove the frame downtube bolts [C] and take off the downtube [D].
0 The drive chain will be removed from the output shaft when removing the engine.
- Lift up the engine and move it right to free the output shaft from the drive chain. Remove the engine from the vehicle right side.
8-6 ENGINE REMOVAL / INSTALLATION
Engine Removal / Installation
- Hang the drive chain [A] over the output shaft [B] just before moving the engine into its final position in the frame.
- Install the engine sprocket [A] so that the mark side is outward.
- Insert the rear mounting bolts from the left side of the engine.
- Tighten the rear engine upper mounting bolt and nut first to eliminate the gap between the engine and frame bracket, and then the rear engine lower mounting bolt and nut.
- Tighten the engine mounting bracket bolts after tightening the rear engine upper mounting bolt and nut.
Torque - Engine Mounting Bolts and Nuts: 44 N-m (4.5
kgf-m, 33 ft-lb) Engine Mounting Bracket Bolts: 25 N-m (2.5
kgf-m, 18 ft-lb) Frame Downtube Bolts: 44 N-m (4.5 kgf-m, 33 ft-lb)
- Install the engine sprocket (see Engine Sprocket Installation in the Final Drive chapter).
- Run the leads, cables, and hoses correctly (see Cable, Wire, and Hose Routing in the Appendix chapter).
- Install the removed parts (see appropriate chapters).
Throttle Cables (see Throttle Cable Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
Choke Cable (see Choke Cable Free Play Adjustment in the Fuel System chapter)
Clutch Cable (see Clutch Cable Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
Drive Chain (see Drive Chain Slack Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter)
- Fill the engine with engine oil (see Engine Oil Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
- Fill the engine with coolant and bleed the air from the cooling system (see Coolant Change in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
- Adjust the idling (see Idle Speed ??Inspection in the Periodic Maintenance chapter).
CRANKSHAFT / TRANSMISSION 9-1
Колінчастий вал / Коробка Передач