B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.

1. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  2. Be Correct in Every Detail
  3. Check the comprehension of the text and choose the variant, which you think is correct.
  4. Ex.6. Tell what the statements are true and what are false. Correct them if they are false.
  5. For questions A1-A6, read the text in the boxes and circle the correct answer (1, 2 or 3).
  6. For questions A1-A6, read the text in the boxes and circle the correct answer (1, 2 or 3).

1. . ., ʳ . ., . . . - ., 2008.

2. : / . . . . - .: -: , 2010.

3. ' / . . , . . , . . , . . , . . , . . , . . . - .: Ų, 2010. : 22.06.2012. - URL: http // repository.vzfei.ru. .

4. . ' / . . . , . . , . . - .: Ų, 2012.

Use of English 11-12A

A Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple, the Present Perfect or the Past Simple.

(6 points)

0 I ___worked___ (Work) very hard when I was in Paris.

1 I ___ (hate) cats since I was a child.

2 She can not help you now, she ___ (have) other things to do.

3 For the last fifteen years my parents ___ (live) in Sydney, Australia.

4 Emily Dickinson ___ (write) many well-known poems.

5 Both my grandparents died about ten years ago. They ___ (love) each other very much.

6 Steven is very thirsty. He ___ (not drink) anything all day.

B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.

(6 points)

The Eaton Hotel (0) situated /is situatedin the very centre of London, near Victoria Station. It (1) built / was builtin 1980, just before I (2) visited / have visitedEngland for the second time. At first, the hotel (3) had / has had only five single rooms but later, in 1983, it (4) changed / was changed by its owners into a bigger bed and breakfast place. It is now a very modern and comfortable hotel. Breakfast (5) serves / is servedbetween 7 and 9 o'clock and the food is always very tasty. The rooms (6) clean / are cleanedevery day and the chambermaids who work there (7) change / are changedthe towels every time you ask them. Apart from the excellent food and comfortable rooms the hotel (8) offers / has offeredsome other services now. Very early in the morning or late at night visitors (9) are met / have been metat the airport by one of the hotel staff and then they (10) take / are takendirectly to the hotel. I (11) stayed / have stayedin the Eaton Hotel twice so far and each time I (12) have looked after / have been looked aftervery well. I think I can recommend the Eaton Hotel to visitors to London without any reservations.

| B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
© um.co.ua -