Ãîëîâíà

SCENE 2.

1. Behind the scenes of great love.
  2. SCENE 2. Action 1. THE SHOP.
  3. SCENE 4
  4. SCENE ONE
  5. What's your favourite scene (ñöåíà / si?n /) in this episode? What happened exactly? Why did you like it?

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in five years 'time?

Kate: Well, that's a difficult question to answer; let's just say that l see myself as a top performing employee in a leading company, like this one. I plan to gain experience and learn new skills. Hopefully, in five years 'time. I would be ready to move up to a position with more responsibility.

Interviewer: How do you tope with people who resent your success?

Kate: Do you mean how do I manage working with someone who does not like me? Well, fortunately that has not happened very often. But. yes. I'm able to cope with being unpopular. I remember doing a summer job in a food processing factory. The person I was working with had been there for twenty years, and did not much like the idea of ??working with a business student, especially a woman. On the first day, I made the mistake of finishing more pieces than him, and he took it really badly. Of course, I soon realized that he was just feeling insecure, so over the next few days, I made sure I asked him for advice about different aspects of the job; you know, made it clear I was not there to teach him any lessons. Well, gradually he came round, and in the end we got on really well.

Interviewer: How do you motivate people to do their best?

Kate: Well, I think there are two important aspects to this question. The first is to create a positive atmosphere. If people feel happy about what they're doing, they're much more motivated to work towards a common goal. So making sure they understand the objectives and the process, and that the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed - those are really important. The second thing is to give feedback, especially when somebody does a good job, not just when they get something wrong. When I worked in a restaurant a couple of years ago, I realized that knowing how well you're doing is essential to staying motivated.

Interviewer: What are your weaknesses?

Kate: Well, of course, I'm aware that there are areas that I can improve on, but I have to say, as far as this job is concerned, I do not feel that I have any significant weaknesses. And if I do identify a problem, I take action to resolve it. Take time management, for instance, A couple of years ago, I realized I was not the most organized person in the world, so I followed a time management course. I applied what I learned, and now 1 would say that organization is one of my strengths.

Interviewer: Can you give an example of a situation you found stressful, and how you coped with the stress?

Kate: Yes. Last term, for example, I was on a work placement where my supervisor had to go off sick for three weeks, so the company asked me to take over responsibility for the project. It meant a huge workload, which was pretty stressful. Anyway, I sat down and planned out exactly what I had to do each day for those three weeks. I also planned an hour each evening in the gym. That really helped to ease the stress. I managed to finish the project on time, and in much better shape than when I started. Does that answer your question?

b) The candidate in the interview used these expressions. Put the words below in the correct order.

1. I applied what learned I.

2. I'm able being unpopular with to cope.

3. I see myself performing as top a a employee company in leading.

4. I plan experience to gain new and skills learn.

5. I would be ready more a move to position up with to responsibility.

6. I realized that knowing well you're how motivated essential doing is to staying.

7. I'm aware there that on that areas are can I improve.

8. I do not feel weaknesses I any have that significant.

9. I would say my organization is that one of strengths.

10. I managed on finish to the time project.

3. Read the dialogue to learn aboun Lauren's career history. Act out the dialogue. Prepare 1-minute presentation about the job of CFP. Use Language bank.

Lauren G. Lindsay, CFP

Interviewer: What were you doing before you became a personal financial advisor?

Lauren: I taught inner city kids in London for five years. Then I came back to the United States and taught for a year in my home state of Massachusetts.

Interviewer: Why did you decide to become a personal financial advisor?

Lauren: I loved teaching, loved the kids, but I hated the politics. When I came back to the United States the state of Massachusetts would not recognize my master's degree from the University of London. They wanted me to shell out $ 30,000 and go back for another graduate degree. I started to look for another job (in Boston) and no one would hire me. They all said, "You have teaching experience but nothing else." The only job I got offered was to answer telephones for 401K participants at Putnam in Boston. It was a huge pay cut from teaching, so you can imagine how bad it was. But Putnam offered opportunities to get promoted quickly if you took classes. When I was there six months I started working toward my CFP, and Putnam paid for my classes. While I was at Putnam I also won a sales pitch contest. I beat out people who did sales for a living. To me a sales pitch was like doing a lesson plan, but to a much more willing audience. They actually sit in their seats and do not throw things at you. When the sales pitch was so successful I realized those skills could be transferred to business. That is when it all started.

Interviewer: What was involved in terms of education / training and getting your first job?

Lauren: Putnam provided a lot of in-house education, and they paid for me to take evening classes at Merrimack College in Andover, Massachusetts, to prepare for the CFP exam. When I left Putnam I began doing corporate education seminars on 401K plans. People waited in line their entire lunch hour to ask me questions. I started doing financial planning for some of the people I met through these seminars. I would meet people at my house, at Starbucks, at the library. Eventually I rented a small office. My practice grew for five years. When I decided to move to Louisiana with my husband, I sold my firm for a good amount of money. In Louisiana, I joined a one-person firm that had been in existence for 30 years.

Interviewer: What are the keys to success as a personal financial advisor?

Lauren: Listening skills are most important. Post-Katrina, people who had lost everything were coming to me. I booked a session with a therapist to ask him what to tell these people, how to help them. He said, "You know how to listen, right?" Listening helps me understand what my client needs and wants. Education is of paramount importance too. I like to make sure my clients understand the context of my advice and recommendations. My own education is vital as well. I do at least one Web seminar a week to keep up with changes that can impact my clients.

Words you may need:

certified financial planner (CFP) - ä³ïëîìîâàí³é ôàõ³âåöü ç ô³íàíñîâîãî ïëàíóâàííÿ

shell out - ðîçùåäðþâàò³ñÿ

beat out - ïåðåìîãò³, îá³éò³, â³á³ò³ (ç ãðè)

willing audience (òóò) - ñòàðàíí³ ñëóõà÷³

of paramount importance - îñîáëèâî âàæë³â³é

keep up with changes - ³òè â íîãó ç³ çì³íàì³

SCENE 2.

(Action 1). In the shop.Ïðîäàâåöü ³ ïîêóïåöü âèêîíóþòü "I'm looking for a raincoat"

(Action 2). On the street.×àðë³ çíàõîäèòü ãàìàíåöü, òàì ãðîø³, â³í âèð³øóº êóïèòè øîêîëàä. Charley: Oh, someone's wallet. Who lost it? How much money is there inside! How can I find whose wallet it is? Most likely, nobody can help me. I can buy chocolate for me. And the candy shop is here. I'll buy Wanka's chocolate and I'll enjoy it!

(Action 3). Charley in the shop.

Shopkeeper: Hello! Please, come in! What would you like to buy?
Charley: I'd like ... Ãó÷íèé òåëåôîííèé äçâ³íîê. ϳñíÿ "Wrong number"
Shopkeeper: Oh, darling, I'm sorry. Would you like some cake?
Charley: I want neither cakes nor pies! I'd like to buy Wonka's chocolate! This one, please!
 Shopkeeper â³ääຠøîêîëàäêó, ×àðë³ ðîçêðèâຠ³ áà÷èòü golden ticket!
Charley: What luck, it's a Golden Ticket !!!
Shopkeeper: You've got a GT! You've found the last GT!

Shopkeeper âèá³ãຠäî ãëÿäà÷³â ³ êðè÷èòü: Hey! Would you believe it! Come and look at this, everybody! The boy found Wonka's GT! Çàá³ãàþòü ëþäè, âèõîïëþþòü ó ×àðë³ êâèòîê, ïåðåäàþòü ïî ðóêàõ (ç ï³ñíåþ "If you happy and you know it")

(Action 3). Charley & Joe.

Charley: Oh, if it is not grandpa Joe the bravest astronaut?

Grandpa Joe: Yes, here I am. Fortune favours the brave!

Charley: How nice to see you again.

Grandpa Joe: Nice to see you again too, Charley.

Charley: Fortune favours the brave, you are right. By the way, I found a wallet, bought Wonka's chocolate, and there was the GT.

Grandpa Joe: Congratulations!

Charley:Would you like to go with me?

Grandpa Joe: How very happy I'm to do it!

(Action 4). Charley, Joe & passer-by.

Grandpa Joe: Oh, it seems to me, we are bit lost.

Charley: Here is a passer-by. Let's ask the way.

ϳñíÿ "First turn right"

SCENE 3.

(Action 1). WONKA'S FACTORY GATES.
all the children had doth their mothers and fathers with them and it was a good thing that they had. Otherwise the whole party might have got out of haud.
Mrs. Salt: the view is wonderful!
Violet Beauregarde: it's very beautiful when it snows.
Mrs Gloop: I like all sorts of weather, when it's hot, warm or cold. Frosty or cloudy. Except windy weather, it gets on my nerves.
Grandpa Joe:: - The English say there is no bad weather there are bad clothes.
 + ̳æ áàòüêàìè ³ ä³òüìè äîäàòè ïðîñòèõ ä³àëîã³â! Äëÿ òèõ ó êîãî ìàëî ñë³â. Ïðèäóìóþòü ì³æ ñîáîþ õòî õî÷å.
 ï³ñíÿ I AM NOT SMALL I AM SO TALL

Veruca Salt: I want to go in first before anybody else.

MR. SALT: I know, Angel. Anything you say, sweetheart.

WW: Thank you. Thank you. Welcome, my friends. Welcome

to my chocolate factory.

Mrs. Salt: Veruca first! Get back, you! Come on, Veruca

sweetheart!
Veruca Salt: ladies first !!!

WW: wel .. let me introduce myself. My name is WW.
 Welcome. It's nice to have you here. I'm so glad

To see you. It will be a fascinating day, I promise.

I hope you enjoy it.

Well, How many people are there in the group? There are five children on my list. Ok. Let me see .. 1.2.3.4.5. ok. That's alright. Everybody's here! Nobody missing!

Veruca Salt: I'm Veruca Salt.

WW: My dear Veruca, what a pleasure. You are looking very smart in that lovely coat.It goes well with your shoes.
Veruca Salt: I've got three others at home. It's in the latest fashion.
Mrs Salt: My little Veruca, now she's all smiles, and we have a happy home once again. But before ... My Veruca got more and more upset each day, and every time I went home she would scream at me "Where's my GT! Want my GT!" And she would lie for hours on the floor. It was terrible!

Augusta Gloop: Augustus Gloop.

WW: Augustus, my dear girl, happy to meet you.

Violet Beauregarde: Violet Beauregarde.

WW: Darling child, welcome to Wonka's.

Violet Beauregarde: What kind of gum you got here?

WW: Charming, charming!

Mikaela Teavee: I'm Mike Teevee.
WW: Wonderful to meet you, Mike. This girl watching TV all day and all night. It is beyond me.

WW: And I know you. You are a Charlie Bucket. I read all about you in the papers. I'm so happy for you. And who is this gentleman?

Charley: He is my grandfather Joe.

WW: Delighted to meet you, sir.

Ok! Come along and off we go!
îïîâ³äà÷³: We wish you a pleasant stay in The Chocolate Factory.

(Action 2) THE CHOCOLATE ROOM.

WW: My dear gests welcome to my superb chocolate room.

Veruca Salt: What a terrible, dirty river.

WW: Dirty? No? I dont understand what are you driving it. This is the great chocolate river. Do not lose your heads! Be careful. I insist on it.
Grandpa Joe: Have a look around, chocolate here, chocolate there, chocolate everythere.

Everything in this room is eatable

Mrs Gloop: Oh, no! Please Angustus, do not do that.

please.
Mikaela Teavee: Man overboard.
 He can not swim.
Mrs Gloop: Augustus, no! Do not drink from the river!

Augusta Gloop: I like this chocolate so much! I'll drink it all (falling into the river).
Violet Beauregarde: I adore white chocolate
Veruca Salt: I prefer black chocolate
Mikaela Teavee i enjoy chocolate cake with cherry!

Grandpa Joe: Oh, look! He's slowing down!

Mrs Gloop: Augustus, come back at once. Where are you going? I'd like you to help her! I insist on it.

Augusta Gloop: Help! Help! Help!

ALL: This things happen.

WW: i would like you to relaxing he ll be back in no time.

Veruca Salt: you never know where you are with the chocolate river!

WW: He will be Ok. Only four left? That's right !!! Common, common !!! Hurry up !!!

(Action 3) .THE INVENTING ROOM

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - ó÷áîâ³ ìàòåð³àëè òà ðåôåðàòè