Головна

Choose the correct item

1. A) HERE IS A DIET PLAN. CHOOSE ONE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. EXPLAIN YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR PARTNER
  2. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  3. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  4. B) Choose three situations from a) and compose orders for them.
  5. B) Complete the letter using words and phrases from the Useful Language box. The letter in brackets indicates which column you should check to find the correct word or phrase.
  6. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice
  7. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice.
1"Simon and his brother look like twins, don't they?" "Yes, they do resemble ... another." A.one B. each C. the D. both 2. "Did you get Ricky Martin's autograph?" "I did. He shook hands ... me ,too!" A.for B. at C. with D. to 3. "Why didn't you call me last night?" "I tried, but your phone ... working." A.isn't B. didn't C. wouldn't D. wasn't 4. "Where did Diane find the money?" "I think her sister lent ... to her." A.them B. it C. few D. little 5. "Have you seen Janet lately?' "No, I ... from her for ages." A.didn't hear B. haven't heard C. wasn't hearing D. hadn't heard 6. "If you hadn't told me about the sale, I ... these wonderful designer jeans!" A. wouldn't have bought B. would have bought C. wouldn't buy D. would buy 7. "If he was a better cook, we ... pizza now!" A. wouldn't be ordering B. wouldn't have ordered C. would be ordering D. would order 8. "What else do we need?" "Oh, we'd better buy some flour ... we decide to make a pizza." A.provided that B. in case C. unless D. but for 9. "I'll teach you how to drive ... you help me with German." "Agreed." A.unless B. in case C. on condition that D. or else 10. "I think the local council ... the swimming pool if it continues to lose money." A. will close B. is going to be closed C. will have closed D. will be closing 11. "Mrs. Porter has been teaching for a long time." "Yes, by the time she retires, she ... for nearly forty-five years." A.is going to teach B. will be teaching C. will teach D. will have been teaching 12. "I've decided! ... smoking and exercise more." "Good for you!" A.I'll stop B. I'll be stopping C. I'll have stopped D. I'm going to stop 13. "This time next week, ... on the beach in sunny Spain!" "Oh, you lucky thing!" A.I'll be lying B. I'm going to lie C. I'll have been lying D. I'll lie 14. "The shop... you bought your camera has closed down." A. which B. where C. that D. when 15. "The builders are taking ages, aren't they?" 'Yes, but they'll ... by the end of July." A.finish B. have been finishing C. have finished D. be finishing 16. "Here are those lecture notes you were asking me for." "Oh, thanks a million! ... them immediately!" A.I'm going to copy B. I'll copy C. I'll have copied D. I'll be copying 17. "There's no point in ... for the job!" A. apply B. applied C. to apply D. applying 18. "It would certainly be a pity to build a factory there." "..., this town needs new jobs." A.Firstly B. Therefore C. On the other hand D. Finally 19. "I would like to make some suggestions. ..., you could change the name of the restaurant." A. To begin with B. Therefore C. Consequently D. In this way 20. "By the end of the year, I ... enough money to buy a car." A. am going to save B. will save C. will have been saving D. will have saved

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати