| 1.I was right: I do need glasses! I .... yesterday.
A. had my eyes tested B. have tested my eyes C. have been testing my eyes D. had tested my eyes
2. "Where's Harry?'
"Oh, he's taken the car to the garage. He's ... ."
A.checked the brakes B. having the brakes checked C. had checked the brakes D. has checked the brakes
3."Where did you live before you moved here?"
"We ..... in a small village in Wales."
A.were used to living B. have lived C. used to live D. have been living
4. "Do you always travel to work by train?"
"No. Sometimes I ..... by bus."
A.am going B. go C. went D. was going
5. "She eats lots of chocolate, doesn't she?"
"Yes, I think she's addicted ..... it."
A.on B. in C. to D. with
6. "Who went to the Indian restaurant?"
"Everyone went ..... Rachel."
A.except B. apart C. beside D. not
7. "Why don't you try yoga?"
"I tried it once, but I thought it was ..... .'
A.bored B. boredom C. boring D. bore
8. "He drove his father's car ..... he doesn't have a licence."
A.despite B. however C. besides D. even though
9. "They left very early, ..... to be late."
A. in order B. to prevent C. so as not D. to avoid
10. "Have you seen Brian recently?"
"No, I haven't seen him ..... ages."
A.for B. at C. of D. with
11. "Where does Jenny work?"
"I think she works in a bank, .....?"
A.isn't she B. doesn't she C. can't she D. doesn't she
|| 12. "Shall we go to Spain or Italy for our holiday?"
"I think I'd ..... go to Italy than Spain."
A.rather B. better C. prefer D. like to
13. "Did you like the book I suggested?"
"Yes. It makes you think more .... about the issues, doesn't it?"
A.deep B. deeply C. deeper D. deepest
14. "Are you happy with your new job?"
"Yes, but it will involve travelling abroad twice ..... as I used to."
A.as often B. more often C. often than D. most often
15. "Do you like my new hairstyle?"
"Fantastic! It's the .... unusual haircut you've ever had.'
A.more B. far C. most D. less
16. "What do you think of the CD I gave you?"
"It's great! The .... I listen to it, the more I like it."
A.much B. less C. more D. little
17. "Are we still going to the gym on Friday/"
"Yes, ..... I have to work late again."
A.in case B. as long as C. if not D. unless
18. "The manager is always busy when I want to see him."
"I know. ..... can ever get his attention."
A.Everybody B. Nobody C. Somebody D. Anybody
19. "Don't you like your dinner?"
"Not really, the fish is a bit ..... salty."
A.too B. much C. enough D. little
20. "Do your two sisters work at the same company?'
"Yes. ..... of them went to work there after finishing college."
A.Neither B. Either C. Both D. Everyone