| 1. "What's the matter with Danny?"
"He's just......some bad news, I'm afraid."
A. been having B. had C. having D. has
2. "How long have you lived at your current address?"
"Oh,.......about fifteen years now."
A. during B. before C. since D. for
3. "What an amazing story!"
"Yes. I've never......anything like it."
A. hear B. been hearing C. heard D. been heard
4. There are only two......for the job.
A. customers B. candidates C. employees D. employers
5. I'm afraid I've......out of ideas for the new advertising campaign.
A. gone B. run C. cleared D. emptied
6. How much......money do you get per week?
A. pocket B. pension C. pay D. with
7. We checked around the market to find the bank with the highest rate of......for our savings.
A. pay B. cash C. profit D. interest
8. "Why is Tim upset?"
"Brian accused him of having......his computer."
A. breaking B. break C. broke D. broken
9. "Why did Florence want to see you?"
"She wanted to apologise......at me earlier on"
A. for shouting B. to shout C. to shouting D. of shouting
10. "Why are you looking so pleased?"
"Steve has......us out for a meal."
A. offered B. invited C. admitted D. promised
|| 11. "The company is threatening us with redundancies."
"It would be difficult......a job at our age."
A. to find B. finding C. having found D. to fining
12. "Is that a history book you've got there?"
"Yes, I'm very interested......Spanish History."
A. by B. at C. in D. for
13. "What was Thelma saying?"
"She was asking me what time......work."
A. was I starting B. do I start C. I started D. I have started
14. Pete is not really.....of fashion; he is on another planet!
A. accepted B. alert C. awake D. aware
15. To be honest with you, that film doesn't really......to me.
A. attract B. appeal C. call D. suit
16. She dresses in a rather.....way, which some might describe as being boring and old-fashioned.
A. trendy B. carefree C. casual D. conventional
17. In the sixties Lyn always followed the fashion.....of the time.
A. activities B. ideas C. trends D. plans
18. I thought he was.....when he suggested a holiday in the Bahamas!
A. playing B. amusing C. joking D. laughing
19. We found our flat in the classified....... section of the local paper.
A. ads B. homes C. news D. accommodation
20. She drinks about seven coffees a day. She must be addicted......it!
A. at B. on C. in D. to