| 1. The baby often...at night.
A. is crying B. cry C. cries
2. The boys...to CDs in their bedroom now.
A. listen B. are listening C. listens
3. Joe is ...on time for school. She's never late.
A. usually B. rarely C. always
4. ...have you been working as a teacher?
A. When B. How long ago C. How long
5. Who...my shoes? They're dirty!
A. is wearing B. has been wearing C. wears
6. Leonardo da Vinci...many paintings.
A. had painted B. painted C. was painting
7. The game...by the time they arrived.
A. had finished B. had been finishing
8. He watched TV...he had finished his homework.
A. before B. after C. until
9. Charlie...the dog when it started to rain.
A. walked B. had been walking
C. was walking
10. Angela...read a book but she fell asleep.
A. would B. was going to C. used to
|| 11. My watch is too slow, I want ... .
A. it has been repaired B. to have repaired it C. to have it repaired
12. Tammy was tired. She...all day.
A. studied B. had been studying
C. was studying.
13. He ...waiting for the bus when it started snowing.
A. is B. were C. was
14. They...have a dog.
A. used to B. would C. used
15. He left an hour... .
A. before B. ago C. last
16. The concert...before I arrived.
A. had started B. started C. starts
17. When I was young, I...take dance lessons.
A. used to B. would C. was going to
18. I...Matthew for a long time.
A. wasn't seeing B. haven't been seeing
C. haven't seen
19. The students were screaming...the teacher walked in.
A. after B. when C. while
20. Paul's eyes were red; he...for hours.
A. was reading B. had been reading C. had read