Головна

Choose the correct item

1. A) HERE IS A DIET PLAN. CHOOSE ONE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. EXPLAIN YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR PARTNER
  2. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  3. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  4. B) Choose three situations from a) and compose orders for them.
  5. B) Complete the letter using words and phrases from the Useful Language box. The letter in brackets indicates which column you should check to find the correct word or phrase.
  6. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice
  7. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice.
1. "Can I talk to you, please?" "Sorry, I...go now. I'm late for a meeting." A. mustn't B. has to C. must 2. "The test was too difficult for me." "Oh dear, I...do it quite easily." A. was able to B. can't C. can 3. Hot weather makes ... uncomfortable. A. me feeling B. me to feel C. me feel 4. "Where's your father?" "He...be in the garage." A. might B. can C. mustn't 5. "Sorry Mum. I've broken a plate." "You...be more careful." A. may B. should C. might 6. 'Where's Tom?" "He's not at work, so he...be at the library." A. must B. can't C. can 7. "Is Tom good at languages?" "Yes, he...already speak French, German and Italian." A. can't B. can C. could 8. "I...swim until I was ten." "Well, I didn't learn until I was eleven." A. can B. can't C. couldn't 9. "I...feed the dog at lunchtime. My brother did it in the morning." "You can do it this evening, then." A. didn't need to B. needn't have C. need 10. "Did you deliver that parcel for me?" "No, I...find the house, so I've come back to get a map." A. can B. could C. couldn't 11. "Jim...lose some weight. His doctor said so." "Then he must go on a diet." A. mustn't B. can C. has to 12. "Todd was a very talented child." "I know. He ...play the piano well when he was seven." A. couldn't B. could C. can 13. "How was the test?" "Easy. All the children...pass it." A. were able to B. could C. can't 14. "What are you doing this summer?" "I hope I'll...go on holiday with my friends." A. could B. be able to C. can 15. "I've just taken a loaf out of the oven." "Oh, that's why I...smell fresh bread when I came home." A. was able to B. can't C. could 16. The problem of pollution...worse these days. A will get B. got C. is getting 17. This time yesterday we...in the sea. A. swam B. are swimming C. were swimming 18. Doris ...in the office since April. A. has been working B. works C. is working 19. ...the housework, Maggie sat down to rest. A. Doing B. Having done C. Done 20. He was hot because he...in the sun. A. sat B. had been sitting C. is sitting

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати