Головна

Choose the correct item

1. A) HERE IS A DIET PLAN. CHOOSE ONE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. EXPLAIN YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR PARTNER
  2. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  3. B Read the text and underline the correct alternatives.
  4. B) Choose three situations from a) and compose orders for them.
  5. B) Complete the letter using words and phrases from the Useful Language box. The letter in brackets indicates which column you should check to find the correct word or phrase.
  6. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice
  7. B. Choose the right variant and explain your choice.
1. Although ... a country is risky, the alien who finds work may believe the risk worthwhile. A. enter B. having entered C. entering 2. "I've got a terrible headache." "You'd better...an aspirin." A. to take B. take C. taking 3. "I wish I had more money." "Then it's about time you...spending everything you earn." A. will stop B. stopped C. stop 4. "I've just passed my driving test." "Congratulations. I wish I ...a car." A. will drive B. could drive C. can drive 5. "Is Jill coming to the party tonight?" "Well, if nobody invited her, she...to the party." A. will come B. won't come C. is coming 6. "It's high time you...a job, Trevor." "I know. I've got an interview next week, actually." A. have got B. will get C. got 7. "I have to get up early tomorrow." "Then you'd better...to bed early tonight" A. be going B. to go C. go 8. "Suppose you...some money, what would you do with it?" "I'd probably go on holiday." A. win B. won C. would win 9. "I've got Jim's book. Can you give it to him, please?" "Well, if I...him, I'll give it to him." A. will see B. saw C. see 10. "Can I go out tonight, Mum?" "I'd rather you...at home and did your homework." A. stayed B. stay C. will stay 11. "It's getting cold." "We'd better...our jackets on." A. to put B. putting C. put 12. "Let's have a party this weekend." "I'd rather we...it this weekend. I'm busy." A. didn't have B. don't have C. haven't 13. 'I've lost my keys again, Dad.' 'If you had put them on the table, you... them.' A. wouldn't have lost B. won't lose C. didn't lose 14. 'Suppose you...lost, what would you do?' 'I'd go to a police station.' A. got B. will get C. would get 15. 'Let's go to the supermarket tonight.' '...go tonight. I'm very tired.' A. I'd rather not B. I'd rather I don't C. I'd rather I didn't 16. If you are bored, ...something else. A. you would do B. you will do C. do 17. I...you if I had known you were in hospital. A. would visit B. would have visited C. will visit 18. Ice...if the temperature rises above 0°C. A. will melt B. would melt C. melts 19. If he...in the garden, he would have heard the doorbell. A. isn't B. was C. hadn't been 20. Peter got...presents that he couldn't fit them into the cupboard. A. such a B. such a lot of C. so much  

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати