1. At the heart of every situation there is a lesson for you if you care to look for it and to learn it. Do you agree with this statement? Do you remember any kind of the situation? Please analyze it.
2. What do you dream about when the Bird of Dreams on silent wings comes to your windowsill in the evenings? Do you dream about future or things from your everyday life?
3. Life without labour no glory can gain. How do you understand these words? Give some examples from lives of prominent people or from lives of people you know.
4. I love an old city where you see at a glance - glimpses of history, beauty, romance. Are these words about your city/town? Why do you like it? What places do you enjoy visiting in your native city/town?
5. Have you already decided what your future job will be? Do you have any plans for your future?
6. We need a little more music to help us along. What kind of music do you prefer?
7. It is very important to live for people and to make them happy. Do you agree? What are you able to do for people to enrich their life with light and hope?
8. We must master many lessons during our life, only it gives us progress and real knowledge. Do you agree with it? How do you learn and master your lessons?
9. Love shall be our guide, our sunset lamp, our morning star. How do you understand it? What is love for you? Is it possible to live without love? Why not?
10. Time can never change true friendship. We find the greatest thing of all if we can find a friend. Do you have a real friend?
11. Changes often force the door of opportunity. Is it easy to adapt yourself to fresh conditions? What helps you to change something in your life?
12. There is always some new thing waiting round the corner, some new loneliness to be perceived, some new joy to be experienced. Have you ever experienced the traveler´s joy? Where do you like to travel?
13. Show your smiles - the world needs happiness. How can you share your joys with people around you? What interesting ideas can you suggest for free time activities?
14. Free to live my life and read, to dream, to swim or walk - this is my holiday. How do you taste the cheer delight of feeling really free during your holidays?
15. Life without colour. How dull it would be? How to make it vivid, inspiring and gay? What is your attitude towards art, literature and music?
16. Within yourself you have the power to be what you desire. Within your soul you have a certain goal. What kind of person you really wish to be?
17. It is certainly true that we cannot do without it - and yet when we´re got it we´re troubled about it. Men risk their lives for this thing we call money. What is tour attitude towards money? What cannot we buy for money?
18. Is your home a centre of affection for your friends and family? What do you do to keep your home a happy place and guard it carefully?
19. The poet A. Frost wrote: "The books we love grow dearer as the years go rolling on. They are there to comfort us when other joys have gone". Do you like to read? What kind of books do you prefer?
20. Imagine, someone is waiting for a letter from you. It may be your mother, father, the old friend or the new one. What will you write to a person who is hoping for a line from you?
21. What do you prefer living in, an old cottage or a in a modern house? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
22. Do you agree that charity makes us think of other people and of what they need and it offers us a golden chance to do a kindly deed?
23. There is always something to live for if you only look around. An old friend to be visited, a new one to be found. What do you live for?
24. Old friends may be dear but you must never turn away from the chance to make new friends. Do you agree with this idea? Is it easy for you to make new friends?
25. Life is never hopeless when someone needs you. The world is full of people. What can you do to brighten someone´s day?
26. There is no friend like an old friend who has walked life´s road with you - easy to get in with like a worn well fitting shoe. Do you agree with this statement?
27. The unexpected pleasure sometimes gives more happiness than those that we have planned for many a day. How do you understand these words? Have you experienced such feelings?
28. The time has come to make your own way in the world. What are your plans for the future?
29. You´ve never met and yet you´ve come to know each other well. Sometimes it may be that the written word says more than tongue can tell. What do you think about paper friendship?
30. In the world all things are changing - changing with the days. Autumn, winter, spring and summer. The rhythm of the seasons and the cycle of the year. What is your favorite season? Maybe we find something pleasant in all it?
31. News from home - how much it means to those who in some place are thinking and remembering a room, a voice a smile. What do you recollect when you are far away?
32. How do you understand the proverb: "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in picture of silver?
33. Very often when you are far away from home your thoughts go home. They seek the places and the faces dear to the heart. Thoughts go back. They know the way to the place of heart´s desire. Love leads them home. What are your thoughts about?
34. Do you agree that it is more blessed to give than to receive? They say that the joy of giving on the one hand is balanced on the other is by the grace of acceptance.
35. Without the warming grace of love our hearts grow hard and chill. The impulses of charity, kindness and goodwill - spring out of the seed of love. So let it be expressed. Charity is love in action, love made manifest. How do you understand these words?
36. Life cannot go always as you plan. You have to work hard and do the best you can. What helps you to overcome difficulties?
37. Life should be a festival of hope and movement. Every day that passes should be well and truly spent. How do you understand these words?
38. Wishes will not bring to you the prizes of success but work and hope will surely get you where you want to be. How do you work to be a success?
39. Robert Burns wrote, "It´s the light of happiness when shining in the mind - that makes the day look bright to you and life seem good and kind. It´s the inner sunshine gives your world a smiling face - and helps you see the loveliness behind the commonplace". How do you understand these words?
40. Jewels of wisdom are locked in the books. The riches are hidden there. What kind of books helps you to find treasures of real knowledge?
41. Memory casts a golden ray in every secret place of our city. Describe some of your favourite places in your native town.
42. "Better country is farther on". So said the pioneers who beat the trail into the wilds and famed with tears the hostile land. How do you understand these words? What is the best country for you?
43. What lessons may somebody learn just by watching you? What kind of things you say and do which may influence someone?
44. Other people´s problems, what are they to you? Are you always ready to help somebody?
45. On the hills and in the valleys sorrows fade and hopes ascend. All words lead to bright horizons as the company of friends. How do you like to spend your free time with your friends?
46. There is a philosophy in flares and forest, field and bird. Why do you love our planet? What must we do to make it better?
47. Use your gifts. Do not let them rest. Take the opportunities that come with every day. And you will be what you desire. The kingdom is within. What do you do to follow these ideas?
48. No good deed is ever wasted and no kind word said in vain. The good we do to other people life returns to us again. Do you agree with this proverb and it´s explanation?
49. Happy thoughts can change our lives. Happy thoughts are magic forces working secretly to establish in our lives health, peace and harmony. What are your happy thoughts about?
50. Do you look for the bad or for the good in everything? Do you give your thoughts an upward or a downward swing? How do you live your life?
51. If we build high walls around the garden of our lives - no root of love puts forth a bloom. Without the sunshine in our hearts how can the flowers grow? What is friendship for you?
52. What plans and goals do you have in your life? Do you have some dreams in your life?
53. Time is precious, do not waste it, use it carefully. Think before you filter it away. How can you use these pieces of advice?
54. What is the relationship between global warming and food scarcity? What other factors cause severe famine and malnutrition? What is meant by describing the rainforests as the 'lungs of the planet'?
55. What do you think will be the major ecological problems in future and what suggestions do you have for dealing with them?
56. Science solves problems and occasionally creates them. What do you consider is the major scientific problem today and how do you think it can be solved?
57. How far do you agree that despite man´s attempts to control nature, nature has found very successful ways of controlling the man?
58. Do you think that too much effort and money are spent on persuading individuals and governments to conserve wildlife and the natural environment and too little on the needs of deprived people? Justify your opinion.
59. Do you think your education has encouraged you to think creatively and originally? Which aspects of your education have been the most creative and stimulating?
60. Do you think your education has prepared you sufficiently for adult life? What changes would you have liked to see in the curriculum of your secondary education?
61. Teaching machines ranging from hand-help dictionaries to complete classroom systems, to a great extent replace the human teacher. Schools themselves may decline in importance when the home information system supplements or even supersedes traditional method of education. What do you think about it?
62. Do you feel that you have been extended enough in your education? If not, in what aspects do you think you could and should have been extended more?
63. In what fields have woman generally achieve fame and distinction in the 20th century? Why these than others? Do you agree that woman are 'more people-oriented than man'?
64. What areas of employment have recently ceased to be exclusively male preserves? Is there any good reason why any of them should have always been reserved for men before?
65. Should women try to develop the kind of toughness and aggressiveness normally associated with men in order to compete with them in the job market? What is the alternative?
66. Are women inclined to think about their appearance significantly more than men? In what ways? Why is an increasing number of women suffering from the slimness diseases?
67. Do you think it is better if women stay at home while their children are young? How realistic do you think it is for a woman to attempt to pursue a demanding full-time career while bringing up young children?
68. Why do you think people choose the particular newspaper they read? What is your favourite newspaper?
69. Do you think Ukrainian television is sufficiently broad and enterprising in its scope? What kinds of programs would you like to see more/less?
70. To what extent do you think the Internet and television increase passivity and unsociability? What can be done to prevent it?
71. What is the appeal of 'soap operas'? Do you consider any of them to be successful artistically? Why do you think some people become involved in the lives of "soap operas" characters?
72. Why do companies spend so much money on advertising? How do you think people in general are influenced by advertising? Can you think of any ways in which you personally have been influenced by advertising?
73. Do Ukrainian newspapers have anything to do with 'news'? How far do newspapers influence views in society and how far do they merely reflect them? "A good newspaper is a nation talking to it". What are your views in what constitutes a good newspaper?
74. List the most significant scientific discoveries of the century. What makes each of them important?
75. Should scientists be expected to take account of the social and moral implications of their research? On the whole, has the development of science been a good thing for the human race or not?
76. What do you think about "teenage culture"? Can it be properly called a culture? Give some examples.
77. Fashion dictates the way we live. What do you think about modern fashion? Who are your favourite designers?
78. Is there a generation gap? What are your relations with parents? Do you understand each other?
79. Do you think that marriage will survive as a social institution in the 21st century? Do you agree that personal happiness is best found in long-term relationships?
80. In the early years of the 21st century there will be an increasing number of old people in Europe. What problems do you think this will cause and how would you tackle them?