Головна

Exercise 8:Complete the sentences with don't/doesn't have to or must not.

1. A) Explain the words given in italics. Make up sentences of your own. Use English-English dictionaries to help you.
  2. A. Complete these sentences so that they refer to other people.
  3. A. Match sentences.
  4. A. Now on reading the texts about reading skills, match the sentences to the text which expresses each point.
  5. Add exercise into your daily life
  6. Additional Vocabulary and Grammar Consolidation Exercises
  7. APPLICATION EXERCISES

1. Liz finally got a car. So now she usually drives to work. She ___ take the bus.

2. Tommy, you ___ say that word. That's not a nice word.

3. Mr. Moneybags is very rich. He ___ work for a living.

4. If you are in a canoe, you ___stand up and walk around. If you do the canoe will probably tip over.

5. A: You ___ tell Jim about the surprise birthday party. Do you promise?

B: I promise.

6. A: Did Professor Adams make an assignment?

B: Yes, he assigned Chapters 4 and 6 but we ___ read Chapter 5.

7. A: I ___ to set my alarm for 5:30.

B: Why do you have to get up at 5:30?

A: I'm going to meet Ron at 6:00. We're going fishing.

8. A: Listen to me carefully, Annie. If a stranger offers you a ride you ___ get in the car. Never get in the car with a stranger. Do you understand?

B: Yes, Mom.

9. A: Do you have a stamp?

B: Uh-huh. Here.

A: Thanks. Now I ___ go to the post office.

10. A: Children, your mother and I are going to go out this evening. I want you to be good and follow these rules: You must do everything the baby-sitter tells you to do. You ___ go outside after dark. It's Saturday night so you ___ go to bed at eight. You can stay up until eight-thirty. And remember: you ___ pull the cat's tail. Okay?

B: Okay, Dad.

4-6 MAKING SUGGESTIONS: USINGLET'S AND WHY NOT

a) A: It's hot today. Let's goto the beach. B: Okay. Good idea. b) A: It's not hot today. Why don't we go to the beach? B: Okay. Good idea.   Let's(do something) and why don't we (do something) have the same meaning. They are used to make suggestions about activities for you and me.
c)A: I'm tired. B: Why don't you takea nap? A: That's a good idea. I think I will. People use why don't you(do something) to make a friendly suggestion, to give friendly advice.

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати