Exercise 2. .

1. Ex.2. Read and translate the following text with a dictionary. Do exercises after the text.
  2. Exercise 1
  3. Exercise 1
  4. Exercise 1
  5. Exercise 1. Answer the questions to the text.
  6. Exercise 1. Contradict the statements.
  7. Exercise 1. Find the right ending of the sentence.

1. Peterhelped the pupilsto translate the text. 2. Motherasked Mary to wash the plates. 3. My friendwrites a letterto his sister. 4.Janetook 3 booksfrom the library(There). 5. His cousinslive in Moscow. 6. Their grandfatherand grandmotherwill come tomorrow. 7. Maryworks in a shop.

Exercise 3. .

1. This is my pen and that is your pencil. 2. This is our office and that is yours. 3. This is his desk and that is hers. 4. This is my book and that is theirs. 5. This is my letter and that is yours. 6. Is this my book? 7. Is that house yours? That house is mine.

Exercise 4. .

1. Is this (your / yours) book?

2. It's (their / theirs) door, not (our / ours).

3. They're new pupils and I do not know (their / theirs) names.

4. (My / mine) flat is bigger than (her / hers), but (her / hers) is nicer.

5. That's not (my / mine) book. (My / Mine) is new.

6. They took (our / ours) books and we took (their / theirs).

7. Are these pencils (her / hers)?

8. Is this (your / yours) house or (their / theirs)?

ij to have ().

I haveHe hasShe hasIt hasWe haveYou haveThey have I have no ... He has no ... She has no ... It has no ... We have no ... You have no ... They have no ... Have I ...? Has he ...? Has she ...? Has it ...? Have we ...? Have you ...? Have they ...?

| . . | After Mark Twain | UNIT 2. | Exercise 1. Answer the questions to the text. | Exercise 5. Choose the corresponding pronoun | Exercise 2. Ask the questions to the text. | Exercise 3. Compare the system of higher education in Russia and in Great Britain. | (General Question) | (Tail Question) |

© um.co.ua -