If the test passes, the ND shows this data:
· A cyan message, TCAS TEST
· A red message, TRAFFIC
· Amber TA traffic symbol at the 9:00 position, -200 feet relative altitude with an up vertical motion arrow and 2 nm from the airplane
· White other traffic symbol at the 11:00 position, +1000 feet relative altitude with no vertical motion arrow and 3.6 nm from the airplane
· White proximate traffic symbol at the 1:00 position, -1000 feet relative altitude with a down vertical motion arrow and 3.6 nm from the airplane
· Red RA traffic symbol at the 3:00 position, +200 feet relative altitude with no vertical motion arrow and 2 nm from the airplane.
If the test fails, the message TCAS TEST FAIL replaces the TCAS TEST message and no traffic shows. TCAS and FAIL shows in amber and TEST shows in cyan.
TCAS Self-Test Indications - AI
If the test passes, the AI ??shows the red RA up and down
If the test fails, the AI ??does not show any RA advisories.
TRAFFIC ALERT AND COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEM | General | Abbreviations and Acronyms | TCAS - GENERAL DESCRIPTION | ILF 404, 405, 410, 414-417, 422-429, 451, 501-509, 510-517, 519, | GPWC - Advisory Inhibit Discretes | TCAS Outputs to the FDAU | Physical Description | General | Beam Steering and Attenuator Circuits |