Головна

Compose two dialogues using the word combinations and phrases. Mind the intonation patterns in the stimuli and responses to convey proper attitudes

1.  A. Make up short dialogues expressing your opinion, agreeing or disagreeing. Use the prompts given below.
  2.  B. Compose your own word-combinations or sentences with the use of Participle II of the notional verb.
  3.  B. Make your own sentences with these words and combinations.
  4.  B. Make your own sentences with these words and combinations.
  5.  Compose short situations in dialogue form using the word combinations and phrases.
  6.  Compose short situations in dialogue form using the word combinations and phrases. Pay attention to the intonation of the stimuli and responses.
  7.  Compose two dialogues using the word combinations and phrases. Mind the intonation patterns in the stimuli and responses to convey proper attitudes.

9.Translate the following sentences into English using the word combinations and phrases:

1. Річард Стенлі був з тих людей, які не вміють і не хочуть поглянути в обличчя реальності. Richard Stanley was the sort of person who runs short of sense of reality. Намагаючись забути про свою сумній безрадісною життя, він вигадував красиві казки, в яких він сам був головною дійовою особою. Trying to forget about his cheerless joyless dull life, he made up beautiful fairy tales, wherein he was the protagonist himself. Ці мрії допомагали йому жити. These dreams kept him going. Він був по-своєму щасливий в цьому вигаданому раю. He was happy in his own way in this fool's paradise. 2. Тепер, коли ми дісталися до деяких фактів, що залишалися до сих пір невідомими, можна сподіватися, що незабаром справжні обставини справи будуть з'ясовані. Now, when we got at some of the facts, which remained obscure so far, it is hoped that the fair facts of the matter come out soon. 3. У тебе немає зайвої ручки? Have you got an extra pen? I run short of ink. 4. Біля воріт розкішної вілли губернатора брудні обірвані люди шуміли і кричали, вимагаючи роботи. At the gates of the Governor's luxury villa dirty shabby people clamoured for work. 5. Не розумію, як це можна так сходити з розуму по кому-то, кого і в очі не бачив до минулого місяця. I do not understand how one can dote on somebody, whom he had never seen until last month. 6. Щоб дивитися правді в очі, потрібна певна сила характеру. It requires certain strength of mind not to live in fool's paradise. 7. Я чув, ви втратили роботу. У вас, напевно, скінчилися гроші? - Так, майже. Yes, it's nearly truth. Але справа не в цьому. Я любив свою роботу і жив тільки нею. I loved my job, it kept me going. Тепер, коли у мене її забрали, все загинуло. Now when they took it from me, everything is gone.

10. Answer the following questions:

1. How do you understand the words: "The truth, like a sleeping, dog, is not to be disturbed"? 2. What was Robert Caplan's view on Truth? 3. What was Stanton's opinion on the same point? Explain his words and comment on them. 4. What was Olwen's view on Truth? Comment on it. 5. Why did Stanton think Robert a fool? Was he right? 6. What was Robert's attitude to Betty? 7. What discoveries did Robert make during the evening which distressed him so much? 8. Why did he shoot himself? 9. What type of man is represented in the character of Robert?

Topical Vocabulary |  Silent Movies |  A) Read the text for obtaining information. |  IV. Group Discussion. The Future of Cinematography. |  A) Make a round-table talk on the state of film-making in this country. Be ready to make suggestions about the possible improvements in film-making. |  By John Boynton Priestley |  Vocabulary Notes |  Word Combinations and Phrases |  A) Listen to the recording of Text Four and mark the stresses and tunes, b) Repeat the text in the intervals after the model. |  Read the text and consider its following aspects. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати