Ãîëîâíà

Ex. 17. Match the if-clauses (1 to 6) to the main clauses (a to f) to make complete sentences

1.  A. Complete the sentences with the comparative forms of the adverbs in the box.
  2.  A. Match pictures 1-4 to a) -d).
  3.  A. Match professions with their definitions.
  4.  A. Match the facts about the UK with the places on the map.
  5.  B) Match the terms (on the left) and their translation (on the right). Memorize them.
  6.  C. Match the names with the maps.
  7.  C. Match the words with the corresponding definitions.
 1. If the Apple Computer company had not introduced the GUI, ... 2. If you or I add up two numbers of six figures without a calculator, ... 3. If you had chosen a more complicated program, ... 4. If I had the time, ... 5. If robots are more widely used in industry, ... 6. If we had an access to the database, ...  a) your computer would have solved this problem.b) I would help you to solve the problem. But I must be off.c) their Macintosh computer would not have been successful.d) it will take us a lot of time.e) we would find the required information quickly.f) the number of workers will be reduced.

Ex. 18. Complete the sentences with the required predicates. Consult the box. Are the sentences the first, second or third conditionals?

1. The virus ___ as soon as you ___ the infected floppy in your PC.2. Consumers ___ the new software if it ___ so expensive.3. If he ___ his invention, he ___ a lot of money.4. Provided you ___ more than 10 CDs, we ___ the cost of each disk by 10% .5. If you ___ on a source file in the list, the text editor ___ that file.6. The office manager ___ the documents in time if the printer ___. a) would useb) boughtc) will spreadd) would have typede) had patentedf) double clickg) were noth) will openi) had been repairedj) would have madek) should reducel) put

Ex. 19. Read and translate the text.

Ex. 28. Complete the sentences. Consult the text if necessary. |  Ex. 29. Render the following texts into English (do it in writing). |  WINDOWS |  ELECTRONIC GAMES |  Ex. 3. Memorize the following words. |  Ex. 4. Translate the following sentences, paying attention to the italicized words. |  Ex. 6. Choose the required word (s) to complete each sentence. |  Ex. 7. Replace the statements given in brackets by one word from your active vocabulary. |  Ex. 9. Memorize the following adverbs. |  Ex. 12. Express the idea in (a) Past, (b) Future. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - ó÷áîâ³ ìàòåð³àëè òà ðåôåðàòè