I. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи потрібну форму прикметника:
1. Mary's dress is (expensive) than Diana's.
2. The black hat is (cheap) than the white one.
3. This offer is (attractive) than that one.
4. It's the (beautiful) music I have ever heard.
5. Chinese is (difficult) than English.
6. Asia is the (large) continent in the world.
7. The Arctic Ocean is (cold) than the Indian Ocean.
8. Which is the (hot) month of the year?
9. She speaks Italian (good) than English.
10. January is the (cold) month in the year.
II. Утворіть потрібну форму прикметників. Вставте than або the де необхідно:
1. Living in a flat is ___ living in a house (cheap).
2. My brother is ___ my sister (short).
3. These students are very ___ (clever).
4. That is ___ film I've ever seen (interesting).
5. A piano is ___ a guitar (heavy).
6. Jake's is ___ restaurant in the city (big).
7. Picasso's paintings are very ___ (expensive).
8. This puzzle is ___ (easy) the last one I did.
III. Порівняйте ці твердження, використовуючи as ... as або not as ... as.
Eating fruit and vegetables is healthier than eating chocolate.
Eating chocolate is not as healthy as eating fruit and vegetable.
1. Dolphins are more intelligent than whales.
Whales are ___
2. Spain and Greece are both very hot in the summer.
Spain is ___
3. Travelling by plane is faster than going by train.
Going by train is ___
4. Playing basketball is more exciting than collecting stamps.
Collecting stamps is ___
5. John's brother is cleverer than he is.
John is ___
7. Money is important now. And it was also important many years ago.
Money is ___
8. Life is more stressful now than it was 50 years ago.
Life is ___
IV. Утворіть прислівники від прикметників:
Good, nice, sad, cheap, fast, wide, careful, hard, pretty, careless, late, cold, easy, polite, heavy, early.
V. Виберіть правильний варіант:
1. Kate always dresses smart / smartly for work.
2. Today is a perfect / perfectly day to go on a picnic.
3. It is snowing heavy / heavily today.
4. Michael got into his car and drove quick / quickly down the street.
5. Why are you talking so loud / loudly?
6. Liza had a terribly / terrible dream last night. She woke up screaming.
7. This is a very busy street. You should always cross it careful / carefully.
8. Is Ali fluent / fluently in English?
9. Was your history test easy / easily?
10. Harry is a very polite / politely young man with good manners.
Латинської та грецької ПОХОДЖЕННЯ | DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUNS | II. Утворіть знаки запитання й негативні пропозиції. | I. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслово в Present Continuous. | ВПРАВИ. | VI. Утворіть негативні і питальні пропозиції (загальне питання). | PAST SIMPLE | II. Розкрийте дужки, вживаючи дієслово в Past Continuous. | PRESENT PERFECT | FUTURE SIMPLE |