1. What is the main function of a dynamo?
2. Why a generator can be called a dynamo?
3. What is the armature?
4. What does an armature consist of?
5. What is the armature core?
6. Why is a core made of laminations?
7. What are the slots for?
8. What are the three functions that the armature serves?
9. What are the field poles?
10. What type of magnets are used in the generators?
11. What do the field coils produce?
12. How can you trace the magnetic circuit of the generator?
13. What are the brushes?
14. What are the brushes made of?
15. How are the brushes held?
7. What do we call:
a) Machine converting electrical energy to mechanical energy or mechanical energy to electrical energy;
b) The moving part of the dc generator;
c) A part of device upon which all parts are mounted;
d) The material surrounding the shaft;
e) It is curved to produce a more uniform magnetic field;
f) A coil consisting of many turns of fine wire generally wound around the core;
g) A few turns of heavy wire which may be found around the core;
h) The space between the stationary field pole and the rotating armature;
i) The frame of the generator;
j) A flexible copper wire embedded in the brush.
8. Check your comprehension of the text by answering the following multiple-choice questions:
1. A dynamo is:
B. any rotating machine
2. The armature is:
Complete the word combinations. Translate them into Russian. | Визначте функції герундія і переведіть пропозиції на російську мову. | MAGNETS. MAGNETISM. | Find the equivalents of following word combinations. | Read and translate the text. | Complete the sentences with given words. | Gerund constructions. | Переведіть на англійську мову. | Повторення герундія і герундіальних оборотів | Unit 4. |