1. 7 / is well known that personal computers enjoy great popularity among experimenters and hobbyists. 2. // took years to produce a high-speed computer performing a lot of functions. 3. When making up the summary of the text one should put down the exact title of the article, the author's name and the date of the edition. 4. It is difficult to imagine modern life with-
139 Unit 10. Personal Computers
out a computer. 5. It is quite impossible to listen to your English pronunciation: you make bad mistakes while reading. 6. Concerning these substances one must say that they vary in their composition. 7. When working with these substances one should be very careful. 8. // was once a universal practice to man-ifacture each of the components separately and then assemble the complete device by wiring (монтаж) the components together with metallic conductors. 9. It was no good: the more components and interactions, the less reliable the system. 10. // should first be made clear what the term "microelectronics" means.
14. Згадайте форми дієприкметників, проаналізуйте і пе
реведіте наступні пропозиції:
Participle Active Passive
_____ Present using being used
______ Past________________ ------ ________________ used________
_____ Perfect having used Having been used
1. The results obtained are of particular importance for our research. 2. Having obtainedthe required results we informed the manager of this fact. 3. The necessary data having been obtained, we could continue our experiment. 4. Being obtained the results of the research were analysed. 5. While operating with graphical interface people usually use such manipulators as a mouse and a track ball. 6. Key-to-disk devices used as data recording stations can correct data before storing it on a magnetic disk. 7. D.Mendeleyev having arranged the elements in a table, the existence of yet unknown elements could be predicted. 8. All the necessary preparations having been done, the operator began assembling the machine. 9. Being built on the basis of transistors lasers are successfully used in technology.
15. Переведіть складнопідрядні речення. запом
ните союзи (союзні слова), що вводять додаткові
пропозиції: that; so that; if, whether; which; when; while;
since; till; until; whatever; whenever; in orderto; regardless
1. It is well known in computer science that the words "computer" and "processor 'are used interchangeably. 2. The operation part of the instruction is decoded so that the proper arith-
Англійська мова. Основи комп'ютерної грамотності 140
metic and logic operation can be performed. 3. It is difficult to establish whether this problem can be solved at all. 4. Programs and data on which the control unit and the arithmetic-logical unit operate must be in internal memory in order to be processed. 5. The CU has a register that temporarily holds the instructions read from memory while it is being executed. 6. Regardless o / the nature of the I / O devices, I / O interfaces are required to convert the input data to the internal codes used by the computer and to convert internal codes to a format which is usable by the output devices. 7. The purpose of registers in the ALU is to hold the numbers and the results of the calculation until they can be transferred to the memory. 8. Since the computer deals with pulses, the input device is a way of converting numbers written on paper into pulses and sending them to the storage. 9. The principal characteristics of personal computers are that they are single-user system and are based on microprocessors. 10. However, although personal computers are designed as single-user systems, it is common to link them together to form a network.
Прочитайте текст 2 і скажіть, яку додаткову інформацію ви дізналися про дію основних пристроїв комп'ютера. | Згадайте значення нових слів і спробуйте переве сти словосполучення, що вживаються з цими словами. | Ознайомтеся з термінами тексту 2. | DIGITAL COMPUTER OPERATION | TESTS 1. Вставте замість пропусків необхідні слова. | Англійська мова. Основи комп'ютерної грамотності 102 | Unit & Central Processing Unit | Text 2. THE CPU MAIN COMPONENTS | MICROPROCESSOR - A BRAIN ТО THE HARDWARE | Англійська мова. Основи комп'ютерної грамотності 122 |