1. A.
  2. F52 / (), .
  3. F82 .
  4. FE 27 15 ³ .
  5. FS 10 ֲ˲ ֲ
  6. G 3
  7. G 4.2
Participle I Participle II
A lot of students from developing countries (, ) study in our university. Many African countries get help from developed countries. ( )
An electric car developing the speed of 50 km / h ( 50 / x) is being designed. The substance developed in our laboratory ( ) is mass-produced.
(While, when) developing (, ) transmitter for deaf people Bell invented telephone. (When, if) developed ( () , ) successfully new materials may be very useful for our economy.

4. Form Participle II and translate into Russian:

a)to ask, to answer, to learn, to prepare, to repeat, to study, to play, to stop, to turn, to carry out, to concentrate, to surround, to destroy, to inflict, to attack, to coordinate;

b)to give, to know, to leave, to meet, to read, to send, to teach, to tell, to write, to take, to spend, to get, to bring, to lose, to set, to do, to find , to out, to begin.

5. Translate into Russian.

1. People beginning to study languages ??often say that it is difficult to memorize words. 2. If frozen, water becomes ice. 3. The method used depended on the material selected. 4. In England the weight of luggage allowed varies with different railways. 5. Being shown this manuscript, he said that it belonged to the fifth century of our era. 6. Having been written, the translation was given to the teacher. 7. When read, this novel will be returned to the library. 8. Having solved the main problem, the scientist made a report on his research. 9. Having been written, the letter was posted.

10. This much-praised man proved to be a rogue [r?ug]. 11. The man was picked up in an almost dying state. 12. Her spirit, though crushed, was not broken. 13. When reading "The Pickwick Papers", one can not help laughing.

14. They were, indeed, old friends, having been at school together.

6. Translate into Russian paying attention to the functions of Participle II

1. A writtenletter was on the table. 2. I got the letter written bymy friend. 3. They looked surprised.4. The door is locked.5. Those questions were not asked. 6. When giventime to think, he always answered well. 7. The receivedinformation was rather interesting.

The Passive Voice ( ).

Passive Voice: to be + Participle II

I am invitedto the conference. ...

The experiments were carried ...

out bymany scientists.

We were askedto come early. ...

He was givena watch. .

Is the suit pressed? ³ ?

Will they be requested to go there? ?

How is this word spelt? ?

He was not sent there. .

We were not told to do that. .

7. Compare active & passive forms.

1. - / I told - I was told

2. - / I showed - I was shown

3. - / She brought - She was brought

4. - / We asked - We were asked

5. - / We answered - We were answered

6. - / They gave - They were given

7. ³ - / He helped - He was helped

8. ³ - / He forgot - He was forgotten

9. - / We invited - We were invited

A Education | S t a r t e r A c t i v i t i e s | Translate into Russion. | . | L i s t e n i n g | Education in Great Britain | High Education in Great Britain | The Benefits of Higher Education | Discussion | Final discussion on the text. |

© um.co.ua -