1. They are raising labour efficiency by means of new machinery
2. They have raised labour efficiency by means of new machinery.
3. The government policy is changing economic conditions in the region.
4. The economists are studying the distribution of labour force in the country.
5. They have bought new equipment.
6. Demand and supply influence prices of goods.
7. Japan produces a variety of electronic equipment.
8. They are developing a new technology to use less oil.
9. They are analyzing natural conditions of the region.
10. The company has increased prices of its goods.
11. Under conditions of competition companies are introducing new better products.
X. Розкривши дужки, вживайте дієслово в формі простого, продовженого або вчиненого теперішнього часу або простого минулого часу пасивного або активного стану.
1. The data (to process) by the computer at the moment.
2. In the 1970s prices for oil (to grow) very fast.
3. Prices for all goods (to rise) twice in the USA since the
4. Climate (to become) warmer in recent decades and conditions for agriculture and industry (to change).
5. Trade (to develop) successfully between these countries in recent years.
6. After World War II, the United States, Canada and the Soviet Union (to lead) in wheat production.
7. A sharp rise of efficiency (to achieve) when people (to invent) electrical machinery.
8. Energy scarcity (to limit) further development of many industries now.
9. Better equipment (to require) in order to increase efficiency.
10. Water resources (to get) more and more scarce in the world now.
11. Incomes of population (to grow) at present.
12. Scientists (to study) changes in natural conditions and (to make) models of further development of our planet.
XI. вставте some або the same.
1. ... regions lead in manufacturing, ... lead in agriculture.
2. Conditions in southern regions are not ... as in northern regions.
3. The reasons for energy scarcity are not ... as the reasons for water scarcity.
4. In ... countries living standards have risen in the last decade, in ... countries they are ... as they were ten years ago, in ... countries they have become worse.
5. This farm raises ... breeds of livestock as most farms of the region.
6. ... livestock breeds are more rapid growing than others
XII. Вставте слова і вирази з активного слів, ря до уроків 5 і 6 в потрібній формі: to engage, competitor, as a whole, condition (2), to cope, difference, supply, leading, rapidly, reason, unlike, successfully, degree, natural.
1. Macroeconomics analyzes economy ...
2. Tourism develops more ... and ... in Southern Europe than in Northern Europe.
3. We do not know the ... for the manager's decision to ... two more workers.
4. Coca-Cola is one of the ... producers of soft drinks [прохолодні напої]. Its main ... is Pepsi-Cola. However, I do not see any ... between drinks produced by them.
5. The manager does not ... with the task of introducing the new product to the market.
6. The crop did not grow well last year as the weather ... were not proper for it.
7 ... rice, wheat does not require warm climate conditions.
8. As ... grows prices become lower.
9. The ... of dependence of agriculture on ... is higher than
that of other industries.
XIII. Переведіть однокореневі слова і визначте, ка
кими частинами мови вони є.
1. to differ, different, difference
2. to vary, various, variety
3. efficient, efficiently, efficiency
XIV. Вставте відповідні слова з вправи XIII.
1. The enterprise is working ...
2. There is a ... of reasons for high unemployment in this region.
3. Prices of the same agricultural products ... from region to region.
4. There is not any ... between these two methods, only the names ...
5. These two economists are interested in ... fields of economics.
6. They have raised ... of their work by means of new machinery.