1. The definition of lingua franca is a common language used by people ...
2. Before the rise of Rome, Greek was ...
3. Alexander conquered most of ...
4. Monasteries had ... scrolls.
5. Arabic is also ...
Try to retell the text.
38. Work in small groups. Create a crossword for your fellowmates using information from the text "Imperial English: The Language of Science".
39. You've found some information "Language and Science". Read this information and write your own comments (see Further Reading, UNIT 2).
NOTHING TO BE DONE | WRITING | If you have any difficulties, see Appendix 7. | Answer the following questions. | Cross the odd word out. | Put the verbs into the correct tense. Use the Present Simple and the Present Perfect tenses. | Choose the correct answer. | Edit the English translation (B). | Edit the Ukrainian translation (B). | SPEAKING |