1. small a) hair
2. brown c) features
3. close-set e) complexion
4. thin g) teeth
V. Decide whether the following statements are true or false:
1. If you stay in the sun too long, you can get scars on your skin. 2. Dimples are considered unattractive. 3. Eating a lot of sweets causes moles. 4. No one can avoid lines and wrinkles as they get older. 5. Teenagers are usually proud of their spots. 6. Newborn babies have wrinkles on their skin. 7. You can easily get rid of your moles if you wish. 8. Some people are born with tattoos. 9. Girls in heavy make-up look attractive. 10. Oriental eyes are the kind of eyes that are usually narrow, slanted and dark blue. 11. When you say that a person has slanted eyes, you mean that they are cross-eyed.
VI. Use these words to complete the sentences below:
complexion mole scar
make-up cheekbones false teeth
wrinkles beards spots
1. Sarah wears a lot of ___. She looks better without it, if you ask me. 2. I'm getting old. I'm starting to get ___ round my eyes. 3. I had terrible ___ when I was a teenager. No wonder I was so shy with girls. 4. Fiona's got lovely high ___. I find her very attractive. 5. Peter's got a beautiful smooth ___ - like a baby's. 6. I do not like men with ___ but I quite like the ___ look - you know - one or two days without shaving. 7. My mum's got a small, brown ___ on one of her cheeks. 8. I cut myself climbing a tree when I was ten and I've got this ___ just below my ear. 9. My grandfather looks really funny when he smiles because he's got two ___ missing and he refuses to wear ___.
VII. Match each of the following lines of adjectives with one of the following words:
nose teeth ears eyes hair face
1. round, square, oval, fat, thin, tanned
2. brown, blue, green, big, small, piercing
3. big, long, thin, pointed, flat, broken
4. white, yellow. rotten, false
5. dry, dull, lifeless, shiny, silky
6. small, large, sticking out
VIII. a) Make adjectives from these nouns:
E.g. beard - bearded (= with a beard; having a beard)
b) Change the sentences below to use the adjectives you've made.
1. He was a tall man with a beard.á- He was a tall beardedáman. 2. The old woman had a lot ofwrinkleson heráskin. 3. Peter has freckles on hisánose. 4. Mrs Gray had lines on heráforehead. 5. The girl's hair was put in plaits.
áEXERCISES | áVOCABULARY NOTES | áEXERCISES | áIX. Choose the closest description from the list for each person. Make each description more accurate. | áVOCABULARY NOTES | áVOCABULARY NOTES | áEXERCISES | áVOCABULARY NOTES | áVOCABULARY NOTES | áVOCABULARY NOTES |