Sequence of Tenses.

1. Boot Sequence
  2. Ex. 22 Grammar Focus 8. The Continuous Tenses.
  3. Ex. 4 Grammar focus 9. The Perfect Tenses.
  4. Put the verbs into the correct tense. Use the Present Simple and the Present Perfect tenses.
  5. Tenses. Revision
  6. To the rule of the Sequence of Tenses.

1.When I went into the office next morning I already (to formulate) my plan.2.Well, I do not think I ever (to see) you before. 3. She ended by saying that she (to think) she (to make) a mistake. 4. She knew what (to go) on in their minds.5. So I went into the living room, where my aunt already (to wait) for me.6. She telephoned her husband to the office to say that her brother (to return) from abroad.7. An old friend rang up to ask how Elizabeth (to feel), and whether she (can) go with his wife to the concert on Sunday.

Ex. 11. Translate the following into English observing the rule of the Sequence of Tenses.

1. ³ , .2. ³ .3. ³ .4. .5. -. 6. . 7. . 8. . 9. . 10. ³ .11. . 12. . 13. . 14. . 15. . 16. .

Ex.3.Guess the meaning of the words and word combinations in italics and translate the whole sentence. | Prohibition, possible action) in the following sentences. | The Holiday. | Ex.3. Suggest English equivalents of the Russian words given in brackets. | Something thought as unavoidable (, ) | 10-11 | Ex.3.Discuss the text. | Ex. 6. Compose dialogues using the key words for the situations given below. | Unit 12. | Ex.5. Fill in the blanks with the corresponding words given below. |

© um.co.ua -