1.Why should a new motor be tested before installation?
2. When are the tests applied?
3. What points does the test include?
4. What is the difference between a symptom and a trouble?
5. What symptoms mentioned do you remember?
6. What possible troubles to each symptom can you remember?
7. Is there any difference between testing dc generators and dc motors?
8. What are the faults and troubles that occur in dc generators and not in dc motors?
9. What is the difference between a fault, a trouble and a symptom?
9. Fill in the blanks with proper words and phrases:
1. A new dc motor should be tested before it is_____. 2. Test for_____ in the fields, armature, brush holders.
3. Test for_____ in the field circuit, in the armature circuit. 4. Test to identify the six_____ of a compound motor. 5. Test for cumulative or differential_____. 6. Test for correct interpole______. 7. Rest for correct position of the brush_____. 8. If the motor fails to run when the switch is turned on, the_____may be:
Symptom: the motor runs faster than______ speed. 9. Testing dc generators is similar to testing______.
10. If the field poles loose residual magnetism, it is impossible for the armature to_____, and therefore no current can be generated. 11. To remedy this condition, the shunt field is connected to a source of ______foe a few seconds. 12. Because the building-up process of a generator depends on the continued increase in the strength of the field, it is obvious that the_____ can not build up if a high resistance in the field circuit prevents sufficient______from flowing in the field coils to increase the flux . 13. The residual magnetism in a generator produces lines of force from a _____ to a _____. 14. If the current in the field coils is in the wrong direction, lines of force will be produced______ to the residual lines. 15. If completely shorted, the voltage will not increase, and the armature will_____.
10. Speak about:
a) Testing of a dc motor.
b) Common symptoms in defective dc motors and their remedies.
c) Testing of a dc generator.
d) Common symptoms in defective dc generators and their remedies.
Answer the questions. | Translate into English. | Speak about constructional features of synchronous machines. | Read and translate the text. | Instrument Use. | Fill in the blanks with proper words and phrases. | Read, translate the sentences and define the types of subordinate clauses. | Lesson 14. | Repairs | Generator Troubleshooting. |