1. Troubleshooting is a logical_____of_____the system and how it operates. 2. It involves collecting evidence, such as burn_____or heat, unusual _____, acrid_____, temperature_____. 3. This can be supported by using instruments correctly and by analyzing the ____displayed on them. 4. It is common to find that "faults" are in fact only improperly operated ______. 5. All too often, expectations are different from the_____. 6. Be able to make the simple tests of voltage and continuity of _____. 7. Check that the system has the correct power_______. 8. Do not ______ anything. 9. If there is input and no______, then you have already________the main problem. 10. In any troubleshooting exercise, split the system in_____. 11. Start with the basics, and do not try to apply complex theoretical _____you do not_____. 12. Stand _____ and______first. 13. Effective troubleshooting of electrical devices requires the proper use of the _____. 14. The continuity test simply tests whether a circuit is_____or ______. 15. Power must be______ before testing. 16. Many multimeters also incorporate a______ to indicate a______ circuit. 17. When testing, do not touch_______ with your fingers as this mayalter_______. 18. The most practical of all measurements is_______. 19. Reversing the probes will show a negative________. 20. Set the scale to the one that exceeds the________ or______voltage of the circuit under test. 21. The ammeter function on a multimeteer is rarely used or required, although some use it for______ _______. 22. The ammeter on the switchboard can normally be used for all __________. 23. An ammeter is always connected in_______ with a circuit. 24. The circuit should be______off before inserting the ammeter in circuit.
6. Check your comprehension by answering the following multi-choice questions:
1 .Troubleshooting is a logical process of:
a. finding remedy for a fault
b. evaluating a system and how it works
c. eliminating faults using instruments
2. The following factors must be considered in any troubleshooting exercise:
a. system knowledge and system configuration
b. system operation parameters and test equipment
c. all the above
3. Analyzing the system inputs, outputs, fault isolation and failure causes m be called:
c. troubleshooting procedure
4. Effective troubleshooting of electrical devices requires the proper use of
5. The continuity test tests whether:
a. the current is sufficient
b. the resistance is normal
c. a circuit is open or closed
6. What instrument would you use for a voltage test?
7. What instrument would you use for a current test?
8. What instrument would you use for a resistance test?
Complete the sentences while translating word combinations into English. | Translate into English. | Read and translate the sentences with the adverbial clause of condition. | Define the sentences with the clauses of condition and manner. | Give adequate Russian equivalents of the italicized words. | CONSTRUCTIONAL FEATURES OF SYNCHRONOUS MACHINES. | Answer the questions. | Translate into English. | Speak about constructional features of synchronous machines. | Read and translate the text. |