Головна

A house on Long Island

1. A housewarming party
  2. Amerigo Bonasera followed Hagen into the corner room of the house and
  3. And got the hospital operator to give him the house in Long Beach, the phone in
  4. Bic is a household name, synonymous with a disposable age.
  5. Corleone led him into the house.
  6. Data Warehouse

Richard had a small one bedroom apartment in New York. But he stayed there only a few nights a month, when he had to work late in the office. He said his real home was a country house on Long Island. It was not very far from New York. Most days he drove to the office. But sometimes he took a train with thousands of other commuters. It took him about an hour to get to work, both by car and by train.

On my very first weekend in America I was invited to Richard's house on Long Island. I wondered if this would be a family occasion. Maybe I would meet Richard's entire family? Not quite, he said. Yes, I would see a few members of his family and a few friends as well. To make it easier for me he made a chart of his family tree.

The house was pretty big. It was surrounded by a nice garden. There was a two car garage attached to the house and a swimming pool in the back. It was a very hot day. A swim would be very welcome. But first I had to meet the family. Rich introduced me to his wife Doris, his father, his in laws, his daughter, his son and his son's wife. She was expecting a baby. Richard's daughter Jane showed me to my room. It was upstairs. And it was just one of the five bedrooms on that floor! Then she showed me around the house. There was a living room with a real fireplace. There were two bathrooms. The dining room was very large. I thought my kitchen in New York was well equipped. Well, I was wrong. This one looked like the control room of a space center!

45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   Наступна

Речевые формулы | Упражнение 4. Закончите высказывания по образцу. | My apartment | Диалоги | Правило согласования времен | Упражнение 3. Скажите, о чем говорит ваш собеседник. | A modern office | Диалоги | Страдательный залог | Речевые формулы |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати