Головна

Add a frequency expression to each sentence so that it is true for you

1. A) What is the purpose of foundations? Express your opinion in 3-5 sentences.
  2. Add these sentences with correct variant according to the text. Using as a plan speak briefly about Water Supply
  3. And because the law in its majesty does not seek vengeance, I hereby sentence
  4. And write your own sentences with the same word-combinations,
  5. Ask all the possible questions to the following sentences
  6. B) Complete the sentences, using the words from Ex. 3. a). Three of them are used twice. The first one is done for you.

always usually sometimes often every day every week twice a year once a month not often hardly ever never

a I go to work by car.

b I get home late.

с I work at the weekend.

d I have a holiday.

eI feel bored with my job.

a My boss gives me a hard time.

b My computer crashes.

c I find time to relax and enjoy myself.

d I have arguments with people at work.

e I read the financial papers.

4. Do you take regular exercise? Do you think it's important?

aTaking exercise is the best solution for stress.

b Sport is the key to a healthy and long life.

с People who get up early suffer from stress.

d People who have a sleep during the day live longer.

ePeople in their 50s need to save their energy for other things, true

f Brisk walks are the healthiest form of exercise.

5. Now read the article to see if you are correct.

They say that a healthy body is a healthy mind, but according to a German expert it is lazy people who lead longer and healthier lives. Professor Peter Axt recommends avoiding strenuous activity like aerobics or working out in a gym. "People who prefer to laze in a hammock instead of running a marathon or who take a midday nap instead of playing squash have a better chance of living into old age," says this scientist. "They are also less likely to suffer from professional stress".

He cowrote "On the Joy of Laziness" with his daughter, who is also a doctor. In the book he advises people to 'waste half your time. Just enjoy lazing around," Those who get up early in the morning usually feel stressed for the rest of the day, so his advice is to take it easy.

However, Professor Axt stresses that laziness in only one of the keys to a longer life. In fact, the subtitle of his book is "How best to use your energies". He argues that if you are too fat, you need more energy to maintain body functions, and is in favour of moderate exercise like 'meditative' jogging or brisk walks to relax body and spirit at the same time.

On the other hand, any exertion is not recommended, especially for middle-aged people who should be particularly careful about doing too much sport. Professor Axt believes we have only a limited amount of energy, and people who use up their supply more quickly live shorter lives. "Research shows that people who run long distances into their 50s are using up energy they need for other purposes."

6. Underline three expressions which mean 'to relax' or to rest'.

98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   Наступна

Pre-reading (2) | Enviro-Myths You Can Stop Believing | Pre-reading (3) | During-reading (3) | Translating | My Own Perspective on Environmental Problems | Listening | Speaking | Writing | Stress at Work |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати