Головна

Enrico Caruso

The famous Italian singer Enrico Caruso sang in many countries of Europe. He visited Russia, France, Germany, Spain and many other countries. Everywhere he was a great success and his name was well known all over the ___(world).

---

Caruso knew that he was famous, but he liked to repeat the sentence: "No man is so well known as he thinks he is".

Once he was invited to the USA to give some concerts. When he was driving to New York, his car broke and he had to stay at a farm-house. Caruso could not ___ (repair)

---

his car and asked the farmer to help him.

The farmer agreed to do it. While the farmer was repairing the car, Caruso was invited into the house to have a rest.

When the farmer finished the work, he entered the house, too. He informed the great singer that his car was ready and he could drive ___ (on).

---

Caruso was very glad to hear it. He paid the farmer for the work and gave him a photo. It was a picture of Enrico Caruso. On the back side of the photo Caruso wrote his name. He thought it would be ___ (pleasant)

---

for the farmer to have a picture of the famous singer. The farmer took the picture, looked at it very attentively, then he looked at Enrico Caruso. He realized that it was the picture of the ma whose car he had repaired.

He wanted to know the name of the man, so he read what was written on the ___ (back)

---

side of the picture.

After that he cried out: "How lucky I am! You are Robinson Crusoe! I've never dreamed of receiving the greatest traveller in the world in my poor house!"

78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   Наступна

Read the text again and write A for American, B for British | Fill in the words from the list, then make sentences using the completed phrases. | Reading | Follow-up (discussion) | Match the different ways of spending free-time to the pictures | Reading | OvErhEating and dEath | Extreme sports | Match the numbers to the letters. | Music in our life |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати