Головна

Exercise 4. Use the appropriate form of the verb

1. Agree or disagree with the following statements using appropriate phrases.
  2. Complete each of these sentences with the appropriate form of a word partnership from Exercise 4
  3. Complete the sentences using the appropriate derivatives of the words in capitals.
  4. Complete the sentences with the proper modal verb.
  5. Complete this extract from a company report with appropriate words or phrases from Exercise 1.
  6. D) Complete the dialogue between Pablo, who studies in Botswana University, and Clare, who studies at Oxford, with appropriate questions.
  7. Exercise 1

1. "There - money in my pocket," 1 said to the porter, (is, are) (Hemingway) 2. I know my hair __ beautiful, everybody says so. (is, are) (Hardy) 3. The works __ his country, his home, his reason for being, (was, were) (Heym) 4. These white swine - not live, (does, do) (Sabatini) 5. Means __ easily found, (was, were) (Thackeray) 6...this watch __ a special favourite with Mr. Pickwick, having been carried about... for a greater number of years than we feel called upon to state, at present, (was, were) (Dickens) 7. "Good," I said. "No one shall tell me again that fish - no sense with them." (has, have) (Llewellyn) 8. The deer __ ravaging the man's fields, (was, were) (Twain) 9. Money __ so scarce that it could fairly be said not to exist at all. (was, were) (Dreiser) 10. I was here before the gates __ opened, but I was afraid to come straight to you. (was, were) (Dickens) 11. The papers __ dull, the news _ local and stale, and the war news __ all old. (was, were) (Hemingway) 12. At Capracotta, he had told me, there __ trout in the stream below the town, (was, were) (Hemingway) 13. The sugartongs __ too wide for one of her hands, and she had to use both in wielding them, (was, were) (Ch. Bronte) 14. Her hair __ loose and half-falling, and she wore a nurse's dress, (was, were) (Hemingway) 15. And the baggage __ apparatus and appliances, (contain, contains) (Wells) 16. The china __ good, of a delicate pattern, (was, were) (Dreiser) 17. The nurse's wages.: __ good... (was, were) (Collins)

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   Наступна

Exercise 6. Put the noun in the genitive case. Explain the use of the genitive case. | Exercise 1. Change the nouns into the plural. Use some (any) where necessary and make the other necessary changes. | Exercise 3. Translate into English. | Exercise 5. Translate into English. | Exercise 7. Translate into English. | Exercise 9. Translate into English. | Exercise 13. Translate into English. | Exercise 17. Translate into English. | Exercise 23. Translate into English. | Exercise 28. Insert articles where necessary. |

© 2016-2022  um.co.ua - учбові матеріали та реферати