A) Match the adjectives with their general meaning
These words are often used in job advertisements. Companies look for people who are:
|self-starters, proactive, self-motivated, self-driven||good with computers|
|methodical, systematic, organized||goodwithnumbers|
|computer-literate||naturally very good at what they do|
|numerate||good at working on their own|
|motivated||people who work well with other people|
|talented||very keen to do well in their job.|
|team players||can work in a planned, orderly way|
B) Complete these extracts from job advertisements using words from the table
1) You'll need to be---- _______, as you'll be working on financial budgets.
2) As part of our sales team, you'll be working independently, so you have to be self- ______ and self-_________.
3) We're looking for someone who can work on ten projects at once. You must be _______ , _______ and _________ .
4) You'll be researching developments on the Internet, so you have to be ___ - ____ . You must be ______ ,able to work on your own initiative, and a ______ . But as part of a team of researchers, you need to be a good ____ - _____ .
5) We need _______ journalists who are very good at their job and extremely ________ to find out as much as they can.
C) Answer the questions
Does your university prepare people for specific jobs?
What sort of people does your organization look for in its recruitment?
What sort of person are you?
ДЛЯ МАГИСТРОВ | ВВЕДЕНИЕ | These phrases (1-6) all include the word career. Match each of them to its correct meaning (a-f) | Complete each of these sentences with the appropriate form of a word partnership from Exercise 4 | Read the texts and guess the meaning of the words in bold | Read the dialogue and guess the meaning of the words in bold | Study the examples of CVs | Reading and Speaking | Read the post from a business blog. Pay attention to the words and phrases in bold | It's time to sack job appraisals |