Переведіть пропозиції, що містять об'єктний і суб'єктний інфінітивні звороти.
1. We know condensation to occur with great difficulty in clean air.
2. These particles are known to be dust, smoke, salts, etc.
3. Cloud droplets are likely to be the immediate sources of raindrops.
4. Cooling takes place because adiabatic expansion causes energy to be consumed through work.
5. The air in advance of the depression is most likely to be the coldest.
6. The distribution of the physical properties of air masses has been shown to be considerably modified.
Переведіть на російську мову такі пропозиції.
1. The humidity on the east side of the valley is believed to be higher than on the west side.
2. The earth was believed to be too impervious to permit penetration of the rain water far below the surface.
3. Certain valleys that had contained glaciers several miles in length proved to be unglaciated at their heads, the latter being too shallow, only 100 feet or less deep.
4. The cutting of the timber is believed to have had the general effect in many parts of the country.
5. Artesian wells are likely to have fluctuations that are due to pressure effects.
6. The origin of springs is always appeared to be mysterious.
7. The water of the Warm Springs in Georgia is believed to come from surface sources.
8. In some places ground water appears to be partly confined and, consequently, under some artesian head.
Переведіть пропозиції, беручи до уваги різні функції інфінітива.
1. The ocean is heated from above, which tends to suppress convection.
2. At one time, it was believed that evaporation / precipitation was a major driver of ocean currents; it is now known to be only a very minor factor.
3. The ocean body surrounding the Antarctic is currently the only continuous body of water to circumnavigate the globe about the polar axis.
4. Tidal resonance occurs in the Bay of Fundy since the time it takes for a large wave to travel from the mouth of the bay to the opposite end, then reflect and travel back to the mouth of the bay coincides with the timing between this repeating wave that is also reinforced by the tidal rhythm producing the world's highest tides.
5. Liquid water is thought to be present under the surface of several natural satellites, particularly the Galilean moons of Europa, and, with less certainty, Callisto and Ganymede. Geysers have been found on Enceladus.
6. Liquid hydrocarbons were thought to be present on the surface of Titan, though it may be more accurate to describe them as "lakes" rather than an "ocean".
7. During the Egyptian conquest it is said that Queen Cleopatra obtained exclusive rights to build cosmetic and pharmaceutical factories in the area.
8. Because it is not realistic to cease using the Jordan River for human needs, one idea to save the Dead Sea is to bring in water from the Mediterranean or Red Sea, either through tunnels or canals.
9. On May 9th, 2005, Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian Authority signed an agreement to begin feasibility studies on the project-to be officially known as the 'Two Seas Canal ".
10. To extend this definition far from land means comparing the local height of the mean sea surface with a "level" reference surface, or datum, called the geoid.
11. A surface wave, in this sense, has a wavelength that is too short to propagate freely in the less dense medium.
Причастя прості і складні | тренувальні вправи | Незалежний причетний оборот | тренувальні вправи | Віддієслівний іменник і герундій | тренувальні вправи | Складні форми інфінітива | Інфінітив у функції обставини мети і слідства | тренувальні вправи | Інфінітив у функції визначення |