Вправа 1.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. After buying a new car we all went to the restaurant (додаток, обставина мети, обставина часу, підмет).
2. We enjoyed drinking beer every weekend. (Додаток, частина присудка, обставина часу, обставина умови).
3. It is no use reading in the dark (додаток, обставина мети, обставина часу, підмет).
4. In case of finding that man, call the police. (Обставина мети, супутні обставини, обставини умови, обставина способу дії).
5. He entered the house by breaking the window (обставина мети, обставина часу, обставини умови, обставина способу дії).
6. Russian masters built their houses without using nails (обставина мети, супутні обставини, обставини умови, обставина способу дії).
7. Before going home he washed lipstick off his jacket (обставина мети, обставина часу, обставини умови, обставина способу дії).
8. Despite all the difficulties she kept on smiling(Додаток, частина присудка, обставина часу, підмет).
9. I am thinking of changing my job (додаток, частина присудка, обставина часу, підмет).
10. Sleeping after lunch is the most pleasant thing in the world (додаток, частина присудка, обставина часу, підмет).
Вправа 2.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. What was the reason ... (to, on, for, of) leaving so early?
2. No one could surpass him in the art ... (to, on, for, of) cheating.
3. We met, despite their objection ... (to, at, for, of) our coming.
4. The boy showed no surprise ... (to, at, for, of) being shown a real elephant.
5. He has a dreadful habit ... (to, in, for, of) smoking in bed.
6. The pupils showed great interest ... (to, in, for, of) learning foreign languages.
7. The disappointment ... (of, in, for, at) being deceived could be easily read in his eyes.
8. This is a good chance ... (of, in, for, at) solving our problem.
9. The criminals prepared a good plan ... (to, in, for, of) escaping from the prison
10. My daughter has no intention ... (to, in, for, of) getting married.
Вправа 3.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. Yesterday I watched a very funny comedy. I could not help ... (to laugh, laughing) all the time.
2. Do not you remember ... (to take, taking) the money?
3. My friend could not help me ... (to go, doing) the test.
4. Please, remember ... (to return, return) the key.
5. This report needs ... (to be checked, to check, checking).
6. We need ... (to find, to be found, finding) a way out.
7. We stopped ... (to go, going) to work by car because the price for petrol went up.
8. They were starving. So they stopped ... (to buy, buying) food.
9. He tried ... (to dig, digging) but each time his hand began to hurt.
10. Your work requires ... (to be checked, checking, to check).
Вправа 4.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. The child persuaded his parents ... (for, into, of, at) buying a computer.
2. We did not object ... (to, into, from, on) paying money.
3. Bad weather prevented us ... (to, into, from, at) walking in the park.
4. I am very proud ... (for, into, of, at) getting this high-paid job.
5. They were surprised ... (for, into, of, at) finding the dog alive.
6. My son is good ... (for, into, of, in) skiing.
7. I am not interested ... (for, into, in, at) at listening to your stories.
8. Our company succeeded ... (for, into, in, at) making good quality products.
9. Our children were disappointed with ... (not finding, finding not) pirates 'treasure.
10. We used to ... (going fishing, go fishing) every weekend.
Вправа 5.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. The fire had started before his ... (having run, running) out.
2. Before my ... (having saved, saving) the file, the power was turned down.
3. I apologize for not ... (having dropped, dropping) a single line since we met last time.
4. I do not remember ... (having seen, seeing) you at the conference.
5. Your are responsible for ... (having ruined, ruining) all our plans. It was completely your fault.
6. She was very proud of ... (having given, having been given) that job. The interview was rather tiring.
7. After ... (having studied, studying) all the archived documents he wrote his brilliant report on the nuclear fusion.
8. I object to my ... (having been hold, being hold) hold here illegally. I want to call my lawyer now!
9. He was sent to prison for ... (having robbed, robbing) 7 banks.
10. We were looking forward to ... (having been, being) to the party.
Вправа 6.Визначте, чи є пропозиція граматично правильним (correct) або неправильною (wrong).
1. His car's stealing, he could get to work on time. (Correct, wrong)
2. Do mind mine taking your pen? (Correct, wrong)
3. I do not like your working late at night. (Correct, wrong)
4. They were surprised at not having found the money in the safe. (Correct, wrong)
5. What about our having taken a taxi? (Correct, wrong)
6. She was afraid of her pet dying. (Correct, wrong)
7. Their quarrel resulted in Michael's driven home. (Correct, wrong)
8. Our marriage depends on my father's saying "Yes". (Correct, wrong)
9. The teacher did not object to I going home. (Correct, wrong)
10. There is no chance of our winning the game. (Correct, wrong)
Вправа 7.Визначте, чим є виділене слово - герундием, або віддієслівним іменником.
1. Her beautiful singing mesmerized us all. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
2. The howling of the wolves made us shiver. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
3. Jogging in the morning helps me to keep fit. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
4. After some crying the child was taken to hospital. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
5. Sleeping in the tent at night resulted in her catching cold. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
6. I like listening to classical music in the dark. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
7. We counted our blessings when we survived in the car crash. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
8. This is a new reading of the well-known story. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
9. My sister's coming home late at night worried our parents. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
10. Despite the wind blowing very hard the pilot decided to take off. (Герундій, віддієслівний іменник)
Вправа 8.Виберіть правильний прийменник
1. Why do you insist _____ our returning back home?
2. We had some difficulty _____ finding the right candidate for this job.
3. My friend is really good _____ driving cars.
4. I am sorry _____ keeping you waiting.
5. The hungry boy was accused _____ stealing apples.
6. Are you keen _____ singing?
7. The poor teacher is fed up _____ repeating the same thing over and over again.
8. We won _____ finding the shortest way out.
9. There is no point _____ telling the truth.
10. What does your mother have _____ our going to the club?
11. I feel _____ going out. Would you like to join me?
12. Touch your toes _____ bending your knees.
13. This is a device _____ making coffee.
14. In spite _____ facing problems he kept on smiling.
15. I am sick and tired _____ doing this work.
16. What would you say _____ making a barbecue?
17. They are not interested _____ investing their money into our business.
18. We are looking forward _____ hearing from you as soon as possible.
19. What else can you do _____ mending cars?
20. I am thinking _____ finding a new job.
Вправа 9.Герундій або Інфінітив?
APPEALING AGAINST DECISIONS AND ACTIONS OF CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES AND THIR OFFICIALS | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | Свій серед чужих | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | Glossary | CUSTOMS CONVENTIONS | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | Бар'єри треба усувати | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | EU CUSTOMS CODE |