Вправа 1.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. The people is said ... a new president (---, to have taken, to have chosen, to have given, to have found).
2. You might ... me your hand when I was getting out of the car (---, to have taken, to have chosen, to have given, to have found).
3. I can not find the car keys anywhere. I ... have dropped them on the road (must, can, should, ought to).
4. The important data have disappeared. It must ... by enemies (---, have destroyed, have found, have been destroyed, have been found).
5. I was very lucky ... this job (---, to have been given, to have been taken, to have given, to have taken).
6. He has not arrived yet. He is ... to have caught that train (---, likely, unlikely).
7. I still have not got a letter from her. She must ... my email (---, have left, have brought, have taken, have lost).
8. Our car has stopped. We seemed to have ... out of gas (---, walk, go, run).
9. Jack looks very unhappy. He is sure to ... the exam (---, have dropped, have lost, have failed, have passed).
10. The crew was reported to ... from the sinking ship (---, have been rescued, have been brought, have run, have gone).
Вправа 2.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. It must ... since morning. The grass is very wet (---, have rained, have been raining).
2. The fire is reported to ... to the south of the city (---, have spread, have been spreading).
3. All my problems seem to ... in the past (---, have been left, have been being left).
4. My son is said to ... very hard during the year. I think he will pass all the exams (---, have studied, have been studying).
5. Our team is reported to ... the football championship. Hooray !!! (---, Have won, have been winning).
6. Your eyes look red. You must ... all night long (---, have read, have been reading.
7. The two lovers seem to ... for several hours already (---, have talked, have been talking.
8. The expedition seemed to ... in the jungle (---, have disappeared, have been disappearing).
9. He turned out to ... all the important documents. Now he is a rich man (---, have copied, have been copying).
10. Fedor Konuhov is reported to ... around the world since the last year (---, have travelled, have been travelling).
Вправа 3.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. I ... you to smoke in my room. I find it very unpleasant (want, hate, would like.
2. She ... us to accept her offer, but we could not (expected, saw, found).
3. The criminal ... himself to be very kind (ordered, noticed, considered).
4. Our instructor ... the tents to be put up as soon as possible (ordered, noticed, considered).
5. I ... him to be the cleverest pupil of our school (expect, find, declare).
6. I saw them ... outside (fight, to fight).
7. We noticed ... open (the door be, the door was).
8. I felt my shoulder ... by somebody's warm hand (touch, touched).
9. She ... us to be her friends (supposes, sees, notices).
10. The tourists thought the statue ... of gold (make, makes, made).
Вправа 4.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. This decision is not easy for me to ... (do, make).
2. We asked the manager for the tickets to ... in time (book, be booked).
3. We can not rely ... him to finish this project (for, on).
4. I am counting ... you to help me (for, on).
5. The sailors had to wait for the sky to ... (clear, be cleared, clean).
6. It is necessary for us to ... the others (warn, be warned).
7. The milk is too cold for the children to ... (drink, be drunk).
8. It is a bit difficult for this promise to ... (keep, be kept).
9. This meal is very easy to ... (cook, be cooked)
10. It is important for these boxes to ... today (ship, be shpped).
Вправа 5.Виберіть правильний варіант.
1. I want ____ the house where Pushkin was born.
2. I would like you ____ his invitation.
3. Teachers make me ____ homework well.
4. The child was made ____ to bed at 9 p.m.
5. Please, let me ____ the news and then we'll go out.
6. I used ____ a lot when I was younger.
7. You must not ____ to me like that.
8. I think, we'd better ____ of here.
9. So, why not ____ there right away?
10. This bag is too heavy for her ____.
11. May I ____ in? - Yes, please.
12. Will you help me ____ this box?
13. It is better ____ sure than sorry.
14. It is up to you ____ all these rules
15. We decided ____ extra risks.
to not take
not to take
16. We got the girls ____ dinner.
17. The students ____ this project by the end of May.
are to finish
18. I am sorry ____ you, but your marks are not very good.
19. We could ____ tomorrow.
to go fishing
20. Our class need ____ the test.
Вправа 6.Виберіть правильний варіант відповіді:
1. Teddy's words made me ______ uncomfortable.
2. Mrs. Pottson allowed her guests ______ in the living room.
3. Has the secretary come yet? I want to have my papers ______.
4. I watched my cat ______ with her kittens. I could not tear myself away from that funny sight.
5. Granny did not want my Mom ______ my Dad.
6. Our English teacher told us ______ shy and speak English as much as possible.
not to feel
7. I have to get my photograph ______ for a new passport.
8. There was not much traffic in the street. I saw a little girl ______ the road
9. I have never heard Helen ______.
10. Mary would like her brother ______ Tom's company.
11. We expected the Harrisons ______ later than usual.
12. What makes you ______ such rash actions?
13.The rain seems ______. Call the children. I do not want them ______.
to be, to be got wet through
to be starting, to get wet through
to have started, to have got wet through
to have been started, to be getting wet through
14. The English colony, Plymouth, in Massachusetts, is known ... by the Piligrims who arrived on the Mayflower in 1620.
to be established
to have established
to have been establishing
to have been established
15. Look, they are likely ______ to the news. They seem ______.
to be listening, to be excited
to listen, to be excited
to have been listening, to have excited
to have listened, to be being excited
16. He is sure ______ a liar. Everybody heard him ______ that in so many words.
to be, to say
to be, say
be, to say
17. When I came in, the discussion seemed ______ to an end. They appeared ______ patience because they turned out ______ for it.
to have been coming, to have been losing, be ready
to be coming, to be losing, not to be ready
to come, to lose, to be ready
to have come, to have lost, not to be being ready
18. Jack, you seem ______ too fast. The speed is already 100 miles. I am afraid. I want you ______ the speed till 40 miles.
to have driven, slow down
to drive, to slow down
to be driving, to be slowing down
to be driving, to slow down
19. He is likely ______ on Sunday.
20. He is thought ______ now.
to be studying
to have been studied
ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | Categories of torts | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | OBLIGATIONS, POWERS AND LIABILITY OF THE CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ | Боротьба з піратами не знає жалю | ГРАМАТИЧНІ ВПРАВИ | APPEALING AGAINST DECISIONS AND ACTIONS OF CUSTOMS AUTHORITIES AND THIR OFFICIALS | РОБОТА НАД ТЕКСТОМ |